[csgo] cs_cruise

Skybex

It really isn't an easy process when learning. But first thing to do is get wallworm tools for 3d max and get it working. I switched to WW mid project so couldn't adjust my workflow to match it, but if you set the tools up correctly then WW is simple to just export from max and its already ingame. As for making the meshes, there are so many tutorials out there far better than anything i could say here. The 3D motive tutorials helped me out a lot in the past though.

Textures is also something I had to really work at, and I am still quite bad. For mesh textures I usually just rely on the renders from the high poly and dirt masks. World textures pretty much the same, but of course using source photos from CGTextures and crazybump to get normals/AO/Cavity.

Feel free to add me on steam if you have questions or need advice.

Well you have two machines now ;) do you not run compile on one and keep working/messing around on the other?

in terms of heat these last few days was up to 32-33 in south UK, quite bad humidity (although not as bad as Italy). Well I still played Batman for hours, with my Asus Rog laptop set to "best performance"… must say the cooling in that machine is amazing: as I play with the game pad I touched the keyboard after a session around were the main chips are, and was still cool.

• 5 weeks later...

Quite a few big changes since last time I posted. Been pulling things a bit closer to the real life boat and removing some of the more "gamey" elements of the map. In the process I also recruited the help of Yanzl to help out with the art.

Biggest change has been the T spawn area. Visually it looks much more like its real world counterpart with minimal gameplay impact

pgWJPAm.png

I also finally got round to working on some of the interior sections. This bar area has been annoying be for ages so I decided to have a proper crack at it. Spec maps are doing strange things in the image so don't pay attention to them.

S2gYGk1.png

And some updates to other areas

Yytgnkf.png

The arcade area has been totally ripped out and is next on my list to work on. Once that's done, It should be quick progress to getting a closed release build.

And as always, more images in the albums http://skybex.imgur.com/

@blackdog I tried to compile on my other machine, but steam doesnt allow you to have the same game open on 2 different computers. And this includes CSGO SDK so I would have to get a new account and csgo to compile on one machine while working on the other. Not something that's hard to do, but I didn't really bother yet as overnight compiles are fine.

Edited by Skybex

Quite a few big changes since last time I posted. Been pulling things a bit closer to the real life boat and removing some of the more "gamey" elements of the map. In the process I also recruited the help of Yanzl to help out with the art.

Biggest change has been the T spawn area. Visually it looks much more like its real world counterpart with minimal gameplay impact

pgWJPAm.png

I also finally got round to working on some of the interior sections. This bar area has been annoying be for ages so I decided to have a proper crack at it. Spec maps are doing strange things in the image so don't pay attention to them.

S2gYGk1.png

And some updates to other areas

Yytgnkf.png

The arcade area has been totally ripped out and is next on my list to work on. Once that's done, It should be quick progress to getting a closed release build.

And as always, more images in the albums http://skybex.imgur.com/

@blackdog I tried to compile on my other machine, but steam doesnt allow you to have the same game open on 2 different computers. And this includes CSGO SDK so I would have to get a new account and csgo to compile on one machine while working on the other. Not something that's hard to do, but I didn't really bother yet as overnight compiles are fine.

first of, it looks amazing, and we are all impatient to play it I think :)

Secondly, have you tried a third party compiler like Compile Pal? I think this could work to compile on one computer and using hammer on the other!

I would have to get a new account and csgo to compile on one machine while working on the other. Not something that's hard to do, but I didn't really bother yet as overnight compiles are fine.

You could set up an empty steam account and use family sharing.

You just have to log into the other computer with your steam account, install csgo+sdk, and then the other account can request access through family sharing. I don't know if the alt account needs to have friends lists enabled ($5 purchase on account, gifting no longer works).

Or perhaps even run steam in offline mode? Disconnecting your computer from the internet would leave steam no way of knowing it's logged in offline, and afaik you don't need the internet to compile.