[csgo] cs_cruise

Skybex

Thanks for the nice comments, glad you guys like what you see.

The devshots were made with the help of this article 

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Point_devshot_camera

But as you pointed out @El_Exodus some cameras take shots in black and white. So I had to add three extra "dead" cameras and add all the cameras to an instance, then edit their entity ID's by opening the vmf in notepad to make sure the three dead cameras are the ones that take the shots while things are black and white. Maybe I'll write an in depth guide if there is interest. The one on the wiki is for TF2 and doesn't take into account csgo's quirks.

@will2k About 1/4 of the top deck is playable, there are also 2 other floors. Maps looks big in screens mostly because its more narrow than most maps, so the rest of the volume is made up for in the length and height.

@Vaya I added the handle things in late last night, but the model looks a bit crap so will have to work more on it. But should be looking nice in time for release.

And everyone loves the triangle carpet? Good to know :)

Ace!!!

Jaws are gonna drop when this becomes available in final release.

The triangle carpet I think would look OK if the pattern is desaturated and contrast is reduced a lot.

Meant to up the topic since I've seen this in Malta when we took a day trip to Sicily:

image.thumb.jpeg.2b8e731b54448c4c056ad5c

image.thumb.jpeg.25b228def7fb5e0f97bc0c1

Which is not as big but was impressive nonetheless, so many people were on deck snapping pics

Been a bit slower with updates than I would have liked, but still working hard on the map.

So very close to having a release, but still have to do a lot of work on the lighting so that everything is visually clear. Lots of other small things to fix up and polish as well. Also managed to get the map performing well but still need to play with the model fade scales.

Here are some of the latest screens. And as always there are more images in the albums, but so many of the devshot cameras got eaten by walls or props. http://skybex.imgur.com/ 

Ol9Aah9.jpg5gQSURQ.jpgPTJJQh6.jpgzcyPew0.pngKKbfO6Q.png

sick as fuck!

• 2 weeks later...

Great work lads, however, it feels like this map is lacking some polish, especially compared to your other maps like Workout. Are you going to continue to improve it or is this the final release (not including bug fixing ) ?

2/3 of the map isn't playable, in fact the most visually interesting areas are walled off. There's way too much clip everywhere around the map, this make it extremely frustrating to play. There's lots of very interesting architecture but none of it is used in the layout/between sightlines/at chokepoints, essentialy it's just 3 hallways.

Is there a playtest planned?

2/3 of the map isn't playable, in fact the most visually interesting areas are walled off. There's way too much clip everywhere around the map, this make it extremely frustrating to play. There's lots of very interesting architecture but none of it is used in the layout/between sightlines/at chokepoints, essentialy it's just 3 hallways.

Yeah, It's a bit of a shame, i thought we'd be able to walk around in more of these places. I was initially confused by the layout as well since I often expected to be able to wlak to areas that were clipped off.

There was a playtest last week.

I'd agree about the harsh clipping ( @Skybex is already aware I'm sure as it was raised a couple times in the playtest) but the 'two 3rd's of the visible map not playable thing' is just simple logicalness so the current size of gameplay area is well timed and works for the game mode. I think it's good for a map to be 'part of something bigger' as well- helps add a sense of scale that wouldn't work for CSGO's gameplay or engine if it was in the playing area.