Source 2!

Anth

Come to think of it, this is pretty lame. Yeah, Source 2 will come, as if we didn't know that already, but we ain't showing you dick yet. I would have preferred that they waited until they were ready to show something. I know, some people can never be satisfied. 

Sounds like Source 2 is going to be absolutely free to use once it's available. However, any product you are wanting to release will HAVE to be on Steam. Which explains why Valve can release the dev tools for free.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/04/source-2-is-actually-free-like-for-free/

Free except the 30% that Valve take from selling your game on Steam? :v

The first comment in the RPS article raises a very reasonable question. "Does that mean you automatically get approved on Steam?"

Obviously probably not the same leap forward, but it'd be cool if the Source 2 reveal was anything like this was for Source/HL2:

I was thinking about this earlier! But like... if they showed this, ported to the Source 2 c497D.gif

Edited by blackdog

The first comment in the RPS article raises a very reasonable question. "Does that mean you automatically get approved on Steam?"

I was thinking about this earlier and am unsure. Valve may make a few changes to their Greenlight system to accommodate for Source 2