Seldoon182

The Alien movies

7 hours ago, Sprony said:

What we got to see was so terrible, that an audience of die hard fans, simply walked out. About half of the audience just left. Some 'creepy' parts were such over the top CGI gore fests that people starting laughing. This movie is going to be so bad, it will make AVP: Requiem look like an Oscar contender. 

oh man :[

19 hours ago, [HP] said:

Those prologue trailers are so confusing to me. This and the last one are so different, it's almost like it's for two different movies. Also after what Sprony described my expectations are pretty low, I guess as long as the visuals are stunning I'm fine with it. Pretty much how Prometheus was.

11 hours ago, Sprony said:

I went to see the original in the theaters again on Alien Day. It was an amazing experience to see it on the big screen again. Even after all these years, it still holds up remarkably well. Ridley Scott recorded a message for the fans and had a little surprise for us. At the end of movie, we got to see about 10/15 minutes of Alien Covenant. The contrast couldn't have been bigger.

The video above was shown as well. Great way to totally kill the mystery. Plus, as if Shaw would go to sleep letting David run around after what he did. But she is rewarded by him infecting the Engineer home planet. Cheap way of copping out.

What we got to see was so terrible, that an audience of die hard fans, simply walked out. About half of the audience just left. Some 'creepy' parts were such over the top CGI gore fests that people starting laughing. This movie is going to be so bad, it will make AVP: Requiem look like an Oscar contender. 

Pls... not like this

On 4/28/2017 at 1:35 PM, [HP] said:

I have a love hate relationship with Prometheus man.

It might be the only movie that I still didn't make my mind up on whether I like it or not, and I must have watched it like 3 or 4 times already. ahah

I get what you mean, as I liked it at my first viewing, the whole creation thing was interesting enough… but left me with a weird taste and when I watched it a second and third time disliked it more and more. But I feel like I really want to like it, aesthetically was great. Love the flame thrower scene.

2 hours ago, Buddy said:

Prometheus looked great, was a bad movie though. I lost hope for Ridley to actually produce a classic again, he is working with some really bad writers nowadays smh

The Martian was a great book, that didn't translate to a moving picture as nicely as I'd hope it would. Checking his imdb credits is a trip, I don't know what he was thinking when he decided to make some of the movies he did.

On 01/05/2017 at 6:36 PM, [HP] said:

The Martian was a great book, that didn't translate to a moving picture as nicely as I'd hope it would. Checking his imdb credits is a trip, I don't know what he was thinking when he decided to make some of the movies he did.

Mmh 💰 

I've been reading up on reviews and it's doing pretty well. Not great, but decent which sounds a whole lot better than what I saw. Maybe it won't so bad after all. Not that I have my hopes up. Just trying to inform the people who I might have left disappointed after my earlier comment.

12 hours ago, Sprony said:

I've been reading up on reviews and it's doing pretty well. Not great, but decent which sounds a whole lot better than what I saw. Maybe it won't so bad after all. Not that I have my hopes up. Just trying to inform the people who I might have left disappointed after my earlier comment.

Nope, I saw it yesterday and it's definitely shit. He's trying again to hide a remake of the first Alien movie but poorly... It's like Ridley himself doesn't know what makes Alien great. It's a bad horror movie, It takes the most basic horror situation and successfully do bad things with it.

Spoiler

It doesn't even fit at all with the Alien history. There's no question of Alien mother to make eggs, it's the fucking cyborg who makes them.