knj

Mars One

I'm suprised that, there is no threat about it here.

http://www.iflscience.com/space/mars-one-mission-whittles-potential-candidates-down-final-100

This is great, I mean wow. Those people have some balls lol, knowing that all you know and love, you will leave behind and fly to mars and basicly die there. But the chance they have to be the first living on a other planet is just MINDBLOWING shieet :)

To be honest, I envy a lil those who will be there.

PS. I hope that those guys will have some hot chicks there :v

Marscore, who is down to fly to Mars and die for no reason??

No reason? Your name would be in the history books pretty much forever... if you care about that kind of thing, that's not exactly no reason. 

Also, someone needs to go first, but I wished they came up with a way to bring the first people back.

Marscore, who is down to fly to Mars and die for no reason??

No reason? Your name would be in the history books pretty much forever... if you care about that kind of thing, that's not exactly no reason. 

Also, someone needs to go first, but I wished they came up with a way to bring the first people back.

Explain it to all young people from 1914 / 1939 who turned to cannon fodder. They all have their name engraved in the rock.

I haven't followed it much recently, but it seems to be a cultish scam:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140145-Mars-One-Finalist-Claims-The-Operation-is-a-Scam

Ether way, it's a strange ask, a one way ticket in this day and age... Waiving human rights or whatever, it just seems out of place.

IMO, we need to work out much more advanced filter and air recovery systems to survive the harsh martian atmosphere, and then we should utilise a series of Eden Project inspired biomes, creating small, artificial atmospheres in which people can live and work.

Also, anyone who says there's no future in space travel is a deranged loon...

4C3CF0C00C76A83B94F84DEF48141E73EEE8AB3C