NotBum

[CS:GO] [WIP] de_cafe

Well. I fixed the issue :I

It appears that the visleaf that was at T spawn (where I was having an issue) was too tall and was what was causing the issue. I am not sure how this is the case but I am not having the issue anymore. Thanks for the help though :D

Quick Update: While detailing I ran into something that I had expected to happen at some point. I started using too many brushes for VVis to be happy at me. In short, I tried to start using XSI, Got frustrated, and spent the last few days tinkering with Propper to get it to work with CSGO. I have most of the detail work that I have completed ported over to models. I would actually sit down with XSI or Blender to learn them but I don't have time at the moment to learn a new environment. Propper probably ins't the best route but it works for the time being. Time permitting, Ill put up some more screenshots as I finish bits. 

Yeah, all of the brushes that I have been converting were func detail. My problem was that a lot of the detail was repeated stuff like windows which exceded the maximum T junctions for Vvis. Silly compiler errors ensued. I know that I could probably fix the issue with area portals as I have seen they can fix the issue, but I would prefer to just make the models and call it good.

I Thought it was odd too when VVIS spat it out. I have never had an issue with it before so I was a little confused. It has to do with the amount of brush to brush contacts (I Believe). I number of contacts is then used by VVIS in some way for its actually calculation stuff. It however doesn't seem to ignore func_details when it does the count but when it comes to actually calculating the visibility, it doesn't take them into account.

I have no clue though.  :v

Regardless, Making the details into props fixed the issue.

Did you have brushes intersecting one another or joining one another?

Glad to hear that props fixed your issue - definitely the way to go with the level of detail that you're after.

Since you're still fleshing out the layout and minor details, how come you're spending a lot of time on high level detail? Are you satisfied with the layout enough to proceed onto the detailing phase? Not sure if I've seen a workshop link to the map yet to check it out.

Yeah, The layout has been pretty hammered out. Its the timing that I am finalizing. I have been intermittently working on tweaking spawn, position of small bits, and adding detail all at the same time. I don't always have people to help with quick play testing so I try to get work in where I can, when I can. 

As of now though, I just finished another quick run around with some friends, and I believe that the layout/timing side of the map is really close to completion. 

I really love the layout of the map, I tried it out before the mapcore post (and b4 I knew about mapcore). I like how A lot of the areas are designed for balance and allows for lots of options and interesting gameplay. But this map might be a bit t sided due to how sneaky they can be at b site. (And middle)

Edited by InfinitySlayerX

Thanks Man :D

I changed a serious amount of both the sites and connectors in comparison to that really early workshop version. I can post the newer layout if you're interested.

Thanks Man :D

I changed a serious amount of both the sites and connectors in comparison to that really early workshop version. I can post the newer layout if you're interested.

Please do.

Edited by 8bit