Squad

de_zoo

Some serious necroposting here.

It's pretty dated since it was first released, especially compared to recent maps that keep pushing the bar higher. So the map is getting a visual update, as well as gameplay adjustments/improvements where possible/needed. Already wrote down a list for this, but I'm open for any feedback and suggestions.

Is weird for Valve to add it so out of the blue, as I take it was a surprise for you too. You would imagine them considering such a move if you had been working on a graphics update already. Anyway, totally happy for you!

Is it on competitive list right away?

I believe it was one of the most appreciated map from operations? Its unique setting and its ability to mix its gameplay and world building/architecture together makes it a memorable map. That's great news and even though there isn't as many operations as before, that's great stuff!

The reddit perspective is always that Zoo was like Seaside, where people just seemed to like it for no particular reason, something about it makes it memorable. The same people who are always asking for Seaside to be brought back always ask for Zoo right after.

These are a separate group of people from the ones who spam the "we NEED Season/Santorini/de_cpl_mill/de_cpl_fire/Tuscan/Sub-Zero(as of recent) and then throw in Assault or Italy for some reason.

I always liked zoo, was a nice theme to run around in, glad to see it back, should be fun.

I noticed playing Zoo that 2 information-panels was removed from B, they ware by far the best "feature" if you will, I loved jumping over the edge on both teams just shotgunning up close!
56aRohY.jpg
Looks a bit empty but understandable it was to cluttered or extra angles to hold both lanes + people like me jumping around somewhere in between :D

Edited by RadimaX

Spawned as CT instead and just now saw the upper room with panels simplified in a clever way left/right way instead usually there was all glass + you now have cover in the middle Panel:
K7gQH4x.jpg
Trust me i will play this map a thousand times more, seeing how it is back and everything plus happy it gets optimized, just had a quick death match to get a feel for it now when i saw this!
wqstVed.jpg

Just saw a 2014 video from the past around and above B-bomb spot have improved heaps over time making for an even more realistic location with all the round fish tanks :D WELL DONE

Edited by RadimaX

Look up

DyVQHHvWwAAGxrX.jpg

Big hole (the old rocks looked much better, the new gray rocks look out of place)

DyVQHHYX4AEtwhA.jpg

Stuck in this corner

DyVQHHXWsAMwm2v.jpg

Stuck on the little rock and rock texture error

DyVQXomW0AIToKU.jpg

Some plants like this palm comes out of the stone, looks weird...

DyVQHHZX4AA5mne.jpg

I hope I could help a little :)

Greetings from Berlin ❤️ 

This was always my favorite map of all the operations! Congratulations on getting it back in the game again!

Side note: Though, I think B-Site looked better with the old Dust palms. They just looked more natural in there :D

Edited by I ♡ The 1950's

I only managed to play one competitive match on this until now.

Must day that despite playing several DMs I was quite struggling to understand the layout and angles, until the last few rounds. The assholes teammates even kicked me toward the end, when was clear we had already lost and was trying to clutch but got a bit stuck on the railings.

im sure playing more layout would come natural, and if I took the time to explore like I’ve done with many other maps, I would be fine. The many enclosed areas make it feel quite a different layout from traditional maps.

The layout is super confusing because everything looks the same in the aquarium and there are a few areas that look clipped off and aren't. Also there aren't many clues pointing the players to confrontation points.