hamilton5

CounterStrike - Clipping Texture

It's probably just this:

They are the same in Counter-Strike with the added benefit of clip in preventing the nav meshes from overflowing outside the clip brushes.

For this reason, use only clip brushes (unless you want to manually delete nav areas from the non playable area when using player clips)

Or maybe it just doesn't work as intended...

That's what I found out:

Klf61sc.jpg

Well, humans=chickens>bots

Chicken-Crest.jpg

Pretty sure blockbullets also blocks nades and works similar to a nodraw brush (but due to the way bullet penetration works in csgo neither of these will unconditionally block bullets unless the brush is thick enough!)

Blockbullets blocks nades ... and that's about it. You shouldn't use it to block bullets. It's either very buggy, or it simply doesn't work.

Pretty sure blockbullets also blocks nades and works similar to a nodraw brush (but due to the way bullet penetration works in csgo neither of these will unconditionally block bullets unless the brush is thick enough!)

Blockbullets blocks nades ... and that's about it. You shouldn't use it to block bullets. It's either very buggy, or it simply doesn't work.

Isn't it dependent on the thickness of the brush?

For regular brushes/func_detail it's dependant on the thickness and the material that is applied to it, afaik.
But the blockbullets doesn't work like they should. The name suggests it block bullets, so thickness shouldn't even matter for in this case.

In my experience it depends on the thickness of the brush, but I've never really done any objective tests to determine this. It's very possible that in the instances it has worked for me it has been a fluke :P

The name is definitely misleading, though, it won't block bullets unless the brush already meets the criteria for blocking bullets via the bullet penetration system (as with any other world brush)

Edited by spence

I've used blockbullets and it works the way it should (it blocks all bullets, duh). It was inside a normal func_detail to make it impenetrable though.

EDIT: I've retested properly and it doesn't seem to work. I think you can block bullets with a nodraw brush though but i'm not sure.

If the bullet enter a proper material but exit through a nodraw surface it won't penetrate.

Player clip and clip both block the bomb for obvious reasons. If you want to block the bomb but not players you can use a func_clipvphysics, but be careful you can't get the bomb stuck.

Edited by Klems