[CSGO] [WIP] de_convention

Redoing the OP since it no longer really relects what I want to do with this map. I kept the bomb sites, then redid the entire layout from scratch.

layout_zps77cufjan.png

-Pulled spawns back to make rounds last longer, and give CT's more time to set up at sites

-Rotation hallway between A and B made more straight for faster rotation and longer line of site.

-Completely redid Mid from scratch. Made it more open and more of a hallway than a cluttered lobby.

-Added a Mid to A route that gives the T's a height advantage coming into A site.

-Made A's front entrance a split staircase for some cover to T's entering A site

-B entrance made a bit further from T spawn [about 15 seconds to closest bombplant spot.

-B connector changed to discourage CT's from rushing mid to get behind T's moving into B site lower.

Edited by Demolitions
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This might fit better as a hostage mission as there are probably many people at this event, hostages could be held in a server room or something. It looks like a good idea, but could be CT Sided

True but I want to be able to distiguish it a bit from cs_Workout. The layout might needchange in order to do a hostage map I think. I might look into it though.

this map was renamed to De_event

This might fit better as a hostage mission as there are probably many people at this event, hostages could be held in a server room or something. It looks like a good idea, but could be CT Sided

True but I want to be able to distiguish it a bit from cs_Workout. The layout might needchange in order to do a hostage map I think. I might look into it though.

I like the idea behind the map, but my problem is that I can not really find out that much about the map from the picture above. For example, is the bomb site in an enclosed space? Because that's what it looks like from here. Maybe all you have to do is just highlight the doors. There also doesn't really seem to be a reason to take stage control as terrorists, as there isn't much you can take from it. Maybe that's intended, I don't know. Good luck. 

Completely redid the map layout. I felt like the original was a bit too bland and boring to play. Went with a more spread out layout with a longer mid. Map - blue lines are open doorways [have to work soon so didnt have time to make the lines really fancy]:

hotel2_zpskkremikj.png

I already know of the long site line through those 3 doors into B site, going to fix that soon. Thinking about making the T hallway towards the A site one rounded hallway instead of jagged hard corners.

B site has an upper and lower entrance for the T's. Lower is faster but doesnt have much cover. Upper takes about 6 - 8 seconds longer but gives them a better view of the site.

Currently mid is set up to where you can't see the T side entrance from CT side, and vice versa. In order to go "into combat" in mid you have to enter mid, then peak either left or right. CT side mid with have an obstacle to keep them from rushing mid to B conector [they will have to take a slightly longer path around, so T's can more effectively watch mid].

Not sure if I want to open up the Mid to A door, but as it stands it is closed. With it closed rotation between B and A is 20 seconds the long way around.

Edited by Demolitions

Hi Demolitions

I think it might be better if you could put up a workshop link, might be easier to see what needs to be done in order to provide with more proper suggestions. To the naked eye it seems that you have two entrances for each site (from T side) and all four of them are narrow doorways, those can easily become cluster-fucks since doorways are always too strong of a chokepoint, unless you can flash over.

My second thought is T spawn. I always try to merge spawn locations with gameplay, meaning it might feel better if you could move T spawn up from the "box" area into the path connecting the two sites, that way you wont have any "dead zones" in your layout and It also shortens the time it takes T's to reach their destinations. You could tweak CT spawn in the same way, less "dead zones".

One of strong concerns is...

What if CT's are stuck inside B (between a rock and a hard place), T's have planted A and killed all of the CT's there...
T's are now controlling CT spawn and the northern part of mid... (only so much time is left before the bomb goes off...)

Now, in order for the remaining CT's on B to defuse the bomb on A, they must run (almost) all the way to T spawn so they can come in the backway into the site. As the layout is presented now, that will never end good cause the bomb will go off before they get a chance or at the very least, they will have time to only start defusing it but a bomb is never left unattended as we all know.

I think you must open up a path from mid to A, the very one you wrote that you closed off in your lastest post (only more than just a doorway, imo)

These are my initial thoughts.

//8bit

Edited by 8bit

Hi Demolitions

I think it might be better if you could put up a workshop link, might be easier to see what needs to be done in order to provide with more proper suggestions. To the naked eye it seems that you have two entrances for each site (from T side) and all four of them are narrow doorways, those can easily become cluster-fucks since doorways are always too strong of a chokepoint, unless you can flash over.

My second thought is T spawn. I always try to merge spawn locations with gameplay, meaning it might feel better if you could move T spawn up from the "box" area into the path connecting the two sites, that way you wont have any "dead zones" in your layout and It also shortens the time it takes T's to reach their destinations. You could tweak CT spawn in the same way, less "dead zones".

One of strong concerns is...

What if CT's are stuck inside B (between a rock and a hard place), T's have planted A and killed all of the CT's there...

T's are now controlling CT spawn and the northern part of mid... (only so much time is left before the bomb goes off...)

Now, in order for the remaining CT's on B to defuse the bomb on A, they must run (almost) all the way to T spawn so they can come in the backway into the site. As the layout is presented now, that will never end good cause the bomb will go off before they get a chance or at the very least, they will have time to only start defusing it but a bomb is never left unattended as we all know.

I think you must open up a path from mid to A, the very one you wrote that you closed off in your lastest post (only more than just a doorway, imo)

These are my initial thoughts.

//8bit

Thanks for the big feedback

I have made all entrances into both sites much wider [doubled the width] as well as made them taller. T spawn has been pulled closer to the core of the map, and slightly moved towards B site.

As for the concerns about the rotations, it's like i said: the long path to the bombsite going through the T side of mid is only about 20 seconds, which is comparable to some of the official maps in csgo - Dust2, Inferno, and Mirage. In all cases the fastest way between bombsites is through CT spawn which is usually held/ watched by the enemy team and generally takes 12-15 seconds. The longer way around involves going from site into Mid and taking that to the other site, taking around 18 - 20 seconds. I'm looking into a way to open up mid to A but i'll need to redo A site for that to happen.

Here is a link to the WIP file: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=390178092

Edited by Demolitions

Update

-Redid A site to make it a bit further for T's with a longer line of sight for both teams.

-Opened mid to A but closed it off to T side.

-Added window overlook to T side of A site

-Removed circle stairs from B lobby, and replaced with traditional stairs for faster entry of upper B

-Added short wall to B plant site for a little bit of cover while planting

-Added obstacles to mid to discourage quick rotations at begining of rounds [prevents CTs from getting drop on Ts before they get in site]

2015-02-11_00007_zpsxs5lqvqq.jpg

Current issues:

CTs can enter A site at round start, and get to Mid very quickly, before Ts can push mid fully.

Not sure what else yet.

Edited by Demolitions

Just posting some updates.

Mid from T side:

2015-02-23_00004_zpsu3fgq1dm.jpg

A site from the T entrance side:

2015-02-23_00003_zpsofet71i8.jpg

B site from the back of site:

2015-02-23_00001_zpstyblxyvn.jpg

Decided to re-add the Stage, and make it the T spawn. Still very rough:

2015-02-23_00002_zps82xxsrxs.jpg

Current overview:

2015-02-23_00005_zpsqz12pi1w.jpg

Agency textures are placeholders for now. Just getting visual ideas as to what it could look like. I want to keep the 3 main areas different colors [b - blue, A - Orange, Mid - Green?]

asked for the 08.05.15 slot for a maptest! Hopefully all goes well.

Edited by Demolitions