El Moroes

[CS:GO][WIP] de_arizona (Motel) - Source files available

We have very high target for this project =) Personally, Since I really want to train myself with Zbrush, I'm attempting to sculpt each textures for this level. It isn't as impressive as the work done for The Order or Uncharted but its enough satisfying for the time I spent =)

post-19153-0-89823800-1426536911_thumb.j

Edited by kikette

Hey guys,

You'll find below the second beta version of the map for the playtest of Thursday (you'll probably have another one before) :

>> de_arizona_b2

• What we already know :

- The parking has changed a lot and could not works well...that's why we are here :-°
- We still don't have our own props to replace the drug bags in the B.
- It's still a big grey box map with a few textures test...you'll understand that the art pass has not really started yet.

• Next steps :

- Optimization ; with the modifications we made we didn't take the time to do that well.
- Start the art pass on the map...yes now, it's true, we'll start ^^

So as usual, we'll repeat the same thing ; don't hesitate with your critics / feedbacks guys, we won't be offended ;)

Thanks !

Edited by El Moroes

I ran around the map for a few minutes, not much to say. No real differences from the older version.

- Always, always remove the collisions on your railings. If you don't, at least make it with a softer surfaceprop, like grate (not metal).

- There's a saddening lack of curves in your layout.

- Are you kidding me? http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/14/1427767263-2015-03-31-00003.jpg

- There's a bit too much clip in some places, especially the garden area.

I should be sleeping, but instead i spent almost an hour on the new version of the map :P I really like where the map is going. The park area turned out good! Way more interesing, than just parking cars. But you still have to look at some issues. I collected some feedback for you in this album. The description of the screenshots is written in the ingame chat. :) Can't wait for Thursday.

http://imgur.com/a/Olxsm

Edited by El_Exodus

We'll see what we could do to add some Curve into the layout but honestly, It won't be in the general Architecture. Btw, since we want things to be forgotten since a long time, It'll be certainly possible to get something by breaking a pillar, etc. =)

post-19153-0-72041500-1427786357_thumb.j

post-19153-0-51947900-1427786362_thumb.j

Hey guys, thanks for your feedbacks, this allowed us to make a new version.

I ran around the map for a few minutes, not much to say. No real differences from the older version.

Yep, not a lot of differences but more tweaks there and there...

Well, if you'll join us tomorrow, it's the same link than before ;) 

>> de_arizona_b2

And I'll repeat what I said before :

• What we already now :

- The parking has changed a lot and could not works well...that's why we are here :-°
- We still don't have our own props to replace the drug bags in the B.
- It's still a big grey box map with a few textures test...you'll understand that the art pass has not really started yet.

• Next steps :

- Optimization ; with the modifications we made we didn't take the time to do that well.
- Start the art pass on the map...yes now, it's true, we'll start ^^

So now we are ready for tomorrow, and bring us your feedbacks guys :).