The Steam Sale Thread

Furyo

51 minutes ago, blackdog said:

badf570439779aabbd40fdccde2ce077.jpg

I got some games on Halloween sale so probably won't get more games that I can't find the time to play.

I'm trying to resist buying Hitman, since I haven't yet played Absolution.

Absolution and the new hitman are separate from eachother. While I love absolution, it is generally regarded as the weakest in the series, so go for the new one first.

7 hours ago, Bastion said:

Absolution and the new hitman are separate from eachother. While I love absolution, it is generally regarded as the weakest in the series, so go for the new one first.

I know they are different but the thing is that i like beautiful graphics, and it's hard to go back and play something less visually impressive. Don't know if they have changed any gameplay mechanic, but for eg when after playing Blood Money I tried to go back and play Hitman 2 (I only played Codename 47 before) the mechanics where so different and (of course) too complicated to be appealing. So I never played in-between titles. That's why I'd rather play in release order.

same with Bioshock, wasn't that attracted while Infinite was appealing, but didn't play either cos I'm afraid I won't play the old one if I don't go in order.

Got Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. It runs really well, and I remember people complaining about performance when it first came out, so maybe waiting was for the best anyway. It's crashed twice in a few hours for me, though. Also, the lack of an option to put a crosshair dot on the screen is really weird: It's a pretty standard anti-motion sickness feature.

Also the facial animations are atrociously bad, and the game's being infuriatingly vague about what happened between the games, so I still have no idea what ending is canonical or any of that stuff.

Besides all that though, having fun with it.

Edited by Jetsetlemming

• 4 weeks later...

Put the new Wolfensteins and Abzu in the cart last night, wanted to sleep on it since my back catalog.

Now if I want to but I have to do it from mobile with my data plan because the motherfuckers of the IT department have recovered the old blacklist and Steam is blocked. For the 5 days that I'm finally fucking off work and off my gf, I can't connect to Steam because of these idiots.

Got 'Kingpin life of crime' some time ago. I really loved to play it again. Some old games are not fun anymore when you play them so many years later but this is still great. And damn this game is hard, I started the game on normal. After playing a while I started with the first map again to play the game on easy. Cause damn... it is so hard to kill people after the first 2 maps.

Even on easy the game is not easy, but it is fun!

Map design is also great in this game. A great variance. And I love how you can talk positive and negative to people on the street.
This game would be so great for a sequel.

'Hey you got a dollar?',

'Come back to me when you have a dollar!'