Furyo

The Steam Sale Thread

Hey feeling like playing a driving game recently, tempted to buy a couple of the recent NFS games that are discounted these days. Wondering if anyone has played any of these and if they would recommend.

I think last I tried was a demo of Shift and found that the cars handled like bricks, so decided to RIP the franchise for me. Never been much into driving games, but I had lots of fun with the first Underground (and the very first NFS back in the days)

image.png.e8cf1d7867efeca4b1204f5474568ed0.png

On 7/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, will2k said:

I think this applies to a lot of folks here :D

st4p2rpuzf851.jpg

681f6b675c91cd71428ff236ba577d9f.jpg.fe44aa4f900c1467742280c36ffd6469.jpg

Seriously, how does everyone buy so many games during sales that they forget to play them? Let alone forget you bought them.

I know the sales are cheap, but damn!

Edited by That50'sGuy

2 hours ago, That50'sGuy said:

Seriously, how does everyone buy so many games during sales that they forget to play them? Let alone forget you bought them.

FOMO

"It'll be a while until this game will see such a huge discount, so I'll get it now and I'll play it next week..."

15 hours ago, That50'sGuy said:

Is not so much what you buy in one sale, but the accumulation you get overtime because real life is a bitch and you don't get to play the games when you intended or they don't turn out to make the impression you were expecting, so then you leave them half way or even earlier... maybe hold off to play other stuff cos you want to give that title a chance, and so on.

In my case I bought a shitload of games on sale between 2008 and 2014: I had just bought a MacBook and my PC failed shortly after, so I didn't have the money to buy a gaming PC for all that time (I had an X360 and made it do with that) and I kept buying Humble Bundles or during Steam sale cos "it's only a fiver" (or less).

I ended up buying Hitman Absolution both for Xbox and Steam without realising. I don't even know if I have other duplicates, between all these different stores, that all have different wish lists, I can see how easy it would be to accidentally buy a game twice.

1 minute ago, dux said:

I've got like 20 games in my steam list that I got during sales and never played. Just don't have the time anymore

Yeah I get to maybe complete 1 or 2 titles a year nowadays, kind of crazy considering how it used to be.

8 hours ago, dux said:

I've got like 20 games in my steam list that I got during sales and never played. Just don't have the time anymore

Yeah, don't have time. Only have time for factorio...

17 hours ago, will2k said:

Related

AvNNJjk.jpg

Lol, to be fair the problem here isn't that people don't finish games. It's absolutely fine to not finish a game, you play it a bit, you get the point of the story, the gameplay loop and just had enough, or simply it's not your cup of tea.

Same applies for books, movies (to a lesser extent because they're only 2 hours long), series, etc. You get it, your time is better spent somewhere else...

The problem is buying shit, and never touch it. I would almost understand that if it was a physical game that you could put on a shelf and brag about your collection to your friends, but people just add to a digital games list that only them can see. Lol

Agreed, I have a category in steam called "Completed not finished" for games that im done with but i didnt 100% or finish a full campaign of.

As soon as a game is bought it goes in my favorites so its at the top, when that list is too long I don't buy anything. When im done with the game it gets categorized and removed from favorites.