Jump to content
Furyo

The Steam Sale Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, [HP] said:

Uplay is still a thing?

More than ever I’d say, all ubi stuff is constantly discounted in there basically, like FC5 Gold was £75 on Steam and I paid it like £14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 10:25 AM, Serialmapper said:

I bought FarCry 5 😁

Commiserations, its just a bad version of Ghost Recon Wildlands. Every core gameplay system is worse and it literally mirrors the games structure entirely.

Super disappointing game.

 

So far I got:

Remnant from the Ashes (havent played it yet)

Basement (cool concept but forces you dont a particular solution a little too much for an eco sim)

Out of space (havent played it yet but like Overcooked)

Biped  (havent played it yet but got for coop)

The colonists (pretty good eco sim)

Darksiders Genesis (havent played it yet but got for coop)

Edited by Vilham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vilham said:

Commiserations, its just a bad version of Ghost Recon Wildlands. Every core gameplay system is worse and it literally mirrors the games structure entirely.

Super disappointing game.

I really liked FC3 and got lots of fun in FC4, but yeah I feel FC5 is a greatly missed opportunity. I like the baddie more this time around, is a solid character, but I feel they removed stuff just because people complained before (radio towers) and the result is that I’m using the map so much more than I used to. Before I would look for the towers and smoke from camps and didn’t need to get “out of the experience” but this forces you to.

Edited by blackdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit, i had much more fun with FC3. No character is so charmingly evil like Vaas.  FC5 feels like an imitation, like a failed attempt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Serialmapper said:

I must admit, i had much more fun with FC3. No character is so charmingly evil like Vaas.  FC5 feels like an imitation, like a failed attempt. 

Same goes for FC4. carbon copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Same goes for FC4. carbon copies.

Yeah but FC4 had a narrative driving force, it propelled you forward and the environment was built in a way you could very quickly completely change where you were, from top of a snowy mountain to swampy lake. I don't feel FC5 is pushing me in any direction. Also I've always really enjoyed the soft-stealth mechanics they created in FC3 and continued to use the bow a lot in FC4... I feel like I have no incentive on doing this at all, because I don't feel I can really sneak up to places. I just drive in and shoot like a mad man. I selected the highest difficulty level or second to that and didn't have a problem tearing down the prophet statue playing on the tv with the pad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Yeah but FC4 had a narrative driving force, it propelled you forward and the environment was built in a way you could very quickly completely change where you were, from top of a snowy mountain to swampy lake. I don't feel FC5 is pushing me in any direction. Also I've always really enjoyed the soft-stealth mechanics they created in FC3 and continued to use the bow a lot in FC4... I feel like I have no incentive on doing this at all, because I don't feel I can really sneak up to places. I just drive in and shoot like a mad man. I selected the highest difficulty level or second to that and didn't have a problem tearing down the prophet statue playing on the tv with the pad...

In that sense I agree, core gameplay in FC4 is very FC3 so i did finish this game as well (I gave up on FC5). As far as villain is concerned, there's a lot of build up in FC4 that goes nowhere (plus he's too forced) :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Yeah but FC4 had a narrative driving force, it propelled you forward and the environment was built in a way you could very quickly completely change where you were, from top of a snowy mountain to swampy lake. I don't feel FC5 is pushing me in any direction. Also I've always really enjoyed the soft-stealth mechanics they created in FC3 and continued to use the bow a lot in FC4... I feel like I have no incentive on doing this at all, because I don't feel I can really sneak up to places. I just drive in and shoot like a mad man. I selected the highest difficulty level or second to that and didn't have a problem tearing down the prophet statue playing on the tv with the pad...

The world of FC5 is beautiful but i feel that its mostly empty. Traversing the land was most of the times boring. It would be better to have some smaller open world activities to do. Loved the setting and the story overall.

Edited by Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thing about Far Cry is that the maps are too big and it takes too long to complete. Everytime I get 20 hours in, I feel like that would be a good time to end it. The reason for it is that you can liberate so many outposts and do the same 4-5 generated side road quests before you get bored. It would be a much more memorable and digestable experience if they cut 1/3 of the map size. 

Although, I liked what the series did with the Expendition quests in New Dawn. You'd basically load into a different map and do a sort of heist, where you have to infiltrate a location and then escape. That was a good change of pace and scenery from the main map. I hope they will expand on these by adding something that Breakpoint featured, but also FC3, explorable non-combat areas that focus on background story telling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddy said:

In that sense I agree, core gameplay in FC4 is very FC3 so i did finish this game as well (I gave up on FC5). As far as villain is concerned, there's a lot of build up in FC4 that goes nowhere (plus he's too forced) :(

Yeah totally, it also feels soooo stupid that you keep killing baddies and this guy just gives you one opportunity after the other to get you on his side. Same in FC5, I destroyed his statues and he radios in some blabber that he'll convert me?

1 hour ago, Lizard said:

The world of FC5 is beautiful but i feel that its mostly empty. Traversing the land was most of the times boring. It would be better to have some smaller open world activities to do. Loved the setting and the story overall.

 

1 hour ago, Radu said:

Thing about Far Cry is that the maps are too big and it takes too long to complete. Everytime I get 20 hours in, I feel like that would be a good time to end it. The reason for it is that you can liberate so many outposts and do the same 4-5 generated side road quests before you get bored. It would be a much more memorable and digestable experience if they cut 1/3 of the map size. 

Although, I liked what the series did with the Expendition quests in New Dawn. You'd basically load into a different map and do a sort of heist, where you have to infiltrate a location and then escape. That was a good change of pace and scenery from the main map. I hope they will expand on these by adding something that Breakpoint featured, but also FC3, explorable non-combat areas that focus on background story telling. 

I'd say map size is not necessarily the big problem, you can address this aspect with traversing capabilities, narration and mission importance. So for example make a more linear story and teleport the player with some cutscenes (a-la Just Cause) and sort of "fence" the map with narration. Then, instead of having these "dynamic" events of liberating prisoners from vans or raiding supply trucks, promote them to almost full blown missions and have a setup-execution to say a supply truck raid (same way they had escort missions in FC3 and FC4).

But I guess the problem is that these games are not really for us adults but youngsters, who only care to get lot of value out of their purchase and are probably not that bothered by the story aspects and just need the endorphin drip. When I think of these games and their problems my mind goes back to one of my young teammates... one evening after training we were talking videogames and another mate of my age asked "so why you like this Assassin's Creed game" and the answer was "Cos you kill everybody!!11" which is clearly not the way the game is intended to be played :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackdog said:

So for example make a more linear story and teleport the player with some cutscenes (a-la Just Cause) and sort of "fence" the map with narration.

I feel like the game does this to some extent. I played FC5 two times. On my first try I didnt finish the whole game just one map region. On my second try the game directed me almost the same way as on my first try even tho its an open world game. You are totally right about trucks and hostages. They are so "small" and are limited to just shooting two guys in the head. I would love them to get more complex in FC6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...