jusezz

CS:GO mapping with Blender. Possible?

Hello guys! I'm extremly new to mapping and level designing, but not new to modelling, i was working with blender a lot of time, and when I decided to jump into CS:GO mapping, I found that Hammer is not for me, can u please tell me, how to develop brushwork with blender and then put it to Hammer? (I have Source Tools for Blender, but it dont export to .vmf)

I don think that is possible. Brush and mesh are very different. In hammer mesh can be far more detailed in terms of shape and texture. but you can use both to make a great high detail level. in fact i would ask for your help with custom models on my map. 

Edited by Distortion

I don think that is possible. Brush and mesh are very different. In hammer mesh can be far more detailed in terms of shape and texture. but you can use both to make a great high detail level. in fact i would ask for your help with custom models on my map. 

Yesterday I found a way to to the 'brushwork' in Blender by exporting my .blend file as .obj, then import last one to Sledge Editor and finally export in .vmf. Obviously, this is so complicated stuff and really uncomfortable, also the sizes are really different in Blender and Sledge/Hammer, so I gave up and started learn Hammer.

You might find this an interesting read http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654523

yes, it will work, but again, you have to do stuff like "export as ..., then import into another program, than export from that program, dowload one more program, import into 'one more' program, then export as ..., and import that, export this, import this, but don't forget about this and so on..." oh my god.

You might find this an interesting read http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654523

yes, it will work, but again, you have to do stuff like "export as ..., then import into another program, than export from that program, dowload one more program, import into 'one more' program, then export as ..., and import that, export this, import this, but don't forget about this and so on..." oh my god.

I think your over thinking it, you make your level in Blender export as a .map use crafty to convert to a .vmf and you can then finish the level off in CS.go hammer :)

I think your over thinking it, you make your level in Blender export as a .map use crafty to convert to a .vmf and you can then finish the level off in CS.go hammer :)

The problem is that Blender can't export .map, I can't find script

UPDATE:

i found script! http://graphicall.org/643

Thanks for help! 

Edited by jusezz

Did you try this out yet? Did it work out well?

Yes, it's working. One thing: 1 Blender unit = 100 Hammer units

Can't you just change the grid size like in maya?

Did you try this out yet? Did it work out well?

Yes, it's working. One thing: 1 Blender unit = 100 Hammer units

Can't you just change the grid size like in maya?

why should i do this? it's very comfortable already