Terminator Genisys Trailer

Buddy

Buddy Buddy Buddy....

You know I've got nothing but love for you. You also know we're both huge Arnold fans but don't let that blindside you bro. You can't seriously expect this to be any good? The Terminator franchise is dead. It's mutilated to a point that's unrecognizable anymore. Regardless of the money you pump into it, it's never going to fix everything that's wrong with it thanks to T3,T4 and the series. They tried to solve this by going the prequel route but it's universally agreed that the plot is ludicrous and it really undermines the original 2. Also, don't forget this movie is not made out of love but because they had to make it in order to keep the rights. Arnold's comeback isn't going so well either so he has no choice but to fall back on his legacy but this is not going to help him. In fact, I think it's going to hurt his comeback even more.

Now, as a Arnold fan, I'll be seeing this in the theater and by god I hope that my negativity proves to be unfounded. That I'll be surprised to see a Terminator movie that puts Cameron's originals to shame. But we all know there's a bigger chance that Dux will buy an console. You say there's hate for no reason, but let's summarize:

• Made to keep the rights to the franchise.
  • Directed by Alan Taylor who brought us Thor: The Dark World. Which wasn't all that. No other big credits to his name.
  • Written by Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island and Alexander) and Patrick Lussier (Dracula 2000, Dracula 2/3 and Drive Angry). Do I need to say more?
  • Plot: Sarah Connor isn't the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton's steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991's T2. Rather, the mother of humanity's messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she's been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger's Terminator—an older T-800 she calls "Pops"—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who's great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.
  • Led by Arnold who, however painful to admit, isn't the ticket selling machine anymore and Jai Courtney, a guy who ruins almost every movie he's in. Sure, Emilia and Jason Clarke, plus J.K. Simmons are a sparkle of hope but that's it. 

So in conclusion, name one thing to be really positive about (besides Arnold)!

Sprony Sprony Sprony,

Arnold is in it and as propostrous the plot sounds to most people it is far more original than T3 (which was bad cc of T2 but i enjoyed it anyway) and T4 (which shouldnt've been called terminator movie).

It's made for plenty of wrong reasons but I hope they pull it off. Cameron said what he has seen was good, but that doesnt mean much.

Sprony Sprony Sprony,

Arnold is in it and as propostrous the plot sounds to most people it is far more original than T3 (which was bad cc of T2 but i enjoyed it anyway) and T4 (which shouldnt've been called terminator movie).

It's made for plenty of wrong reasons but I hope they pull it off. Cameron said what he has seen was good, but that doesnt mean much.

Ok, if it's good I'll send you the Special Edition BR. If it's bad, I'll cry a long with you.

Sprony Sprony Sprony,

Ok, if it's good I'll send you the Special Edition BR. If it's bad, I'll cry a long with you.

If its bad then we'll go get wasted.

dat cg arm looks awful. Everything looks awful.

Horrible postprocessing, horrible casting, rehashing of old stuff and old tropes, incoherent and extremly non original script. Also, every movie Jai Courtney is in, you know it's a B movie pretending to be a blockbuster. Fuck... I can't help but feel really skeptical and negative towards this, even tho deep inside I wanna like it.

It's like: "Hey, past terminator movies, I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle! I also need everything that made it good, blend it together and make it bad"