[HP]

Your GOTY 2014

Interested to see what were the favorite games you played during the year, I'd say post your top 3 or whatever, but really, feel free to mention any game that won your heart during 2014.

I have my own list, but i'll wait till I play shadows or mordor, dragon age and play a bit more of smash bros! :D

Curious to see if there's any game being mentioned by a mapcorean that might have escaped my radar. :)

1) Banished, for a bunch of reasons but mostly how impressive it is for 1 guy to make this

2) Dragon Age Inquisition - about half way through and it's fecking amazing lol

Shadow of Mordor, without a doubt. A large part of it probably comes down to it coming almost out of nowhere and just being a game that wasn't afraid of being....well, a game.

After that I'd probably pick Towerfall Ascension (though that's a cheating a bit, since the Ouya release was in 2013, but....Ouya :)) and Sunset Overdrive. With honourable mentions being 80 days on iOS and GTA V (yet again, because it's fucking gooood).

Still haven't played Dragon Age (planning on doing that over the holidays) and I still need to get me a Wii U, has been a really good year for that console.

didnt dark souls 2 come out last year? I remember getting it in november. One of the few games I ever preordered

In regards to sheer amount of playtime, hearthstone would be one of my GOTYs

Counter-Strike.  I'm having a hard time remembering what came out this year.  Didn't play most of the stuff that came out recently.

AAA garbage:

Titanfall (that came out in 2014?!)

Smash Bros. (both of them)

Mario Kart 8

Indie 'art':

OlliOlli

Lovely Planet?

Towerfalllllllllllllll

Shitter games:

Desert Golfing

Threes!

Games I actually played this year and were good enough to mention: