text_fish

Buying a gaming laptop :o

Love ultrabooks! That looks very nice and sure it's powerful.

My girlfriend just bought an HP X360 (screen is touch, flips becoming sort of a tablet).

I'm wondering if you have been already prompted of downloading Win10, I was hoping to get her computer home and be able to upgrade but nothing has yet come out.

She logged in with a Microsoft account, as was otherwise impossible to use Mail.

Anyone knows anything about the upgrade policy?

Anyone knows anything about the upgrade policy?

What about it?

You need to get the little pop up to reserve your upgrade, and that's just about waiting.

When you've reserved the upgrade and it becomes available to download, let windows do the update to 10. After that you can do a fresh installation to get rid of the preinstalled gumpf laptops come with and windows will auto-validate itself (just don't do what I did and install a different edition to the one the laptop came with!)

I mean how long does it take for the pop up to come up, I was expecting to be able to update my gf's machine straight away.

For mine i have the pop up but didn't yet take action, I wonder if i can choose where to download? (the system SSD is almost full).

For the fresh install what did you do? I think to remember that is possible to download Windows from MS website and put it on a stick?

For the fresh install what did you do? I think to remember that is possible to download Windows from MS website and put it on a stick?

Yeah, I used the Windows Media Creation Tool (links down at the bottom) which lets you setup a USB stick or download an ISO in any flavour of the windows operating system you are running (which is another reason why you need to upgrade first, to get on win10 to make a win10 USB).

As I don't have a CD/DVD drive I opted for USB stick (it's also a lot faster than a CD) but, it does render the unused portion of the USB stick useless due to the way Windows reads partitions.

We don’t really have a tech topic/container so just thought of digging this up.

Just saw this video of the latest updates to the ROG lineup, and for the first time in years we are getting a complete reinvention of the (gaming) laptop/mobile workstation with Asus’ “Mothership” solution

us