Lajron

Sledge Editor

sledge_logo.png  

Sledge is a completely free and open-source replacement for Valve's Hammer Editor, with a focus on compatibility with both Goldsource and Source engines. The purpose of Sledge is to offer advanced editing features from later versions of Hammer and other editors and make them available to all users, regardless of which engine they choose to use.

Sledge uses the same file formats as Hammer does (RMF, MAP, VMF) and maps are compatible between both programs. The editing process is almost identical to Hammer, the hotkeys are the same, as well as many of the screen elements and dialogs. Switching to Sledge will not be difficult for users who are familiar with Hammer.

Sledge is currently in public alpha ,  which means that the author/programmer is still working on it and accepts help from others :)

Sledge site http://sledge-editor.com

GitHub link https://github.com/LogicAndTrick/sledge

TWHL link http://twhl.info/forums.php?thread=18410

Screenshots:

U50jFqp.png

OOnYORa.pngmYXPT02.png

TMTXlJq.png

FyZn5Yp.gif

Angle for entities

HyVvp0P.png

Supports multiple views

v4r0DMe.png

W7sfpbD.png

I suggest checking this program it's really an amazing alternative.PB is at a moment working mostly on goldsource support.

Yeah , it's still not fully supporting source engine because PB is more focused on Goldsource engine at the moment.But you can make anything out of brushwork and load it in source-hammer.One of the great things about it , is that it doesn't lag at all like hammer and it has more options :)

w40zjSD.png

Another screenshot showing some "brush types" options.

7UvSSxF.png

Edited by Lajron

I figured out how to load the entities in, go to Game Configurations -> Entities -> Add and go to SteamSteamAppscommonCounter-Strike Global Offensivebin and add base.fgd and csgo.fgd.

But now I when I try to compile, I just get a empty compile log and nothing happens?

0f9645cedf.png

You first need to set up programs for compiling in Options.

qaie6Y1.png

tho not sure if this will work since source doesn't have vcsg.exe and as i said PB is more focused on goldsource right now.

I'm expecting from PB when he starts working more on source support that it will automatically detect your steam folder.

Edited by Lajron

You first need to set up programs for compiling in Options.

qaie6Y1.png

tho not sure if this will work since source doesn't have vcsg.exe and as i said PB is more focused on goldsource right now.

I'm expecting from PB when he starts working more on source support that it will automatically detect your steam folder.

Hmm I use CS:GO and the vrad.exe crashes when I try to compile.

can u share all Sledge Editor configs for CS:GO ?

As i said it still doesn't "really" support Source engine with its features but if you really want to map with it for Source you can.

1.Go Tools/Options in the top menu

Then  you'll get a "Sledge Settings" window.

Click on the "Game Configuration" tab.

padVy2D.png

Click "Add new"

The "general" tab has to look like this :

RwycqVA.png

After that go to the "Entities" tab.

And set the directories like this :

B98MKDa.png

Just click Apply and Close , and you are done.

Tho as i said most of the source features aren't yet implanted in Sledge.

Another editor :)
So nice!
I'm on my mac right now :( I have my pc at my studio so I don't game to much :)

I will give it a try soon. Hope you will have mac support someday.

Also I hope you will have better cliff support in the future, I really dislike the look of the hl source cliffs (it's more a hill tool).