knj

The Jurassic World

New trailer is by far the best one yet. It's kind of ironic though, even in the trailer the main characters are criticizing the stupid premise: "Aren't Dinosaurs wow enough?" UH, yeah dude!!

The next one should have android dinosaurs from the future.

Jurassic Park: Back to the future

If any movie industry-types browse these forums I'm full of ideas like this

The next one should have android dinosaurs from the future.

Jurassic Park: Back to the future

If any movie industry-types browse these forums I'm full of ideas like this

Nope, it will be in a lost ship in space man !

6583_render_dinocrisis001.png

The movie was really good, and especially in 3D. I almost enjoyed it as much as the original. I do wish it could have went a bit deeper and been longer just to flesh things out more. The new Dino, as stupid as I thought it would be, turned out to actually be really cool and interesting in the context of the actual film. 

Edited by Cutlass

Pretty disappointed by this one, the original is one of my favourite ever films so after seeing the positive reviews and everyone saying how good this is I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately it's pretty damn cheesy and it's as if they tried to make it a comedy. I should have seen the warning signs in the trailers, especially once they announced Chris Pratt starring in it. Not one part of it was remotely scary, but I think that's just down to dinosaur fatigue now. They should have just stopped after the first film :\

Paul, try going back and watching the first one, I did right afterwards, Its still great but it also can be cheesy and silly at times, your nostalgia glasses are on atm.  However, 1 is still the most logical and fitting and can never be beat, but the new one is fun, and holds up on its own but similar way.  

Edited by Cutlass

I agree its the best since the first, but then it was just 'ok' overall, not great but not terrible either. I've seen the first recently enough to remember what kind of film it is, but still this film is played way too much for laughs and is devoid of tension throughout. There's nothing to match the T-Rex assault on the jeep or the raptor scene in the kitchen, only poor attempts to mimic them. The kids in this film go from being scared of the dinosaurs one minute to making jokes the next but in the original they were terrified throughout. In fact the whole thing about talking to the dinosaurs means that it seems no one is that scared of them anymore. Case in point was  

the bit at the end after all the dinosaurs had finished fighting (which was also a bit pants) where the gang came out and just stood in the middle of the park gazing at the centre. There's a T-Rex on the loose still guys!

Also the characters in general weren't that likeable and I couldn't emphasise with the kids, despite the strangely forced attempt to get them to talk about their parents divorce out of nowhere. I am being a bit harsh on it I suppose, I can see what they tried to do but it just didn't work for me. I'm also not 10 years old anymore so I suppose nothing is ever going to come close to the experience of watching the original and seeing dinosaurs roaming free for the first time on screen. I think they've made a good summer blockbuster for the younger generation of today, I'll give them that :)

Imax and 3d and this is really good movie ! The best one after the first one IMO, which is wayyy over what I was expecting :)

Next week - Terminator :v

I'm going to shit myself if Terminator actually turns out to be really good.

Ok, I've seen it. 

Well as PaulH said,  it was ok. I was waiting for worse to be honest. 

There was good moments in the movie but also bad things and these things broke these moments and it's sad. What I didn't liked too is that we are always in tension, the quiet moments were too rare and not long enough to appreciate the park / the dinosaurs / etc. 

And a thing  I really didn't liked is the design / color of this new park,  the first one was a lot better than what I've seen here...but hey, see it alive was cool. 

I just saw this expecting it to not be that great. Was pleasantly surprised and now I feel 6 years old again!

Can we go see it again please, Dad? :D