knj

The Jurassic World

Bet this is 100% CGI too. Original movie had some puppetry 

It's both I read, bit of CGI and bit of animatronics. 

Re-watched trailer this morning, actually pretty excited about it, could be good

I think The Nostalgie Critic said it best in his "Has CGI gone too far?" video. If you can get over his voice he has an interesting story to tell and yes, totally on topic since it also covers Jurassic Park :P

This is going to be either amazing or awful and I seriously can't tell which.

The concept is really good, in some ways reboot-ish (i.e. sweet-ass dinosaur park that initially feels safe goes to shit) without disrespecting the original by trying to retell it. This is much preferable to what the earlier sequels did, which was just show more of the 'gone to shit'. For me, the original was so great precisely because of the breakdown happening before my eyes. Similarly to why Half-Life worked so well, with Black Mesa initially being this incredible safe haven that very quickly becomes a living hell.

Some bits of CGI bothered me, but I can't tell if that's because I'm looking at this on an iPad.

Sorry, but the whole hybrid thing - and the fact that this is the 4th movie - brings back bad memories from the Alien series. Instead of making this a thorough reboot I'm afraid they're just trying to up the ante by adding something absurd that is more dangerous than a T-Rex or a pack of raptors. This is becoming more like Sharktopus than Jurrassic Park...

Yup, looks pretty horrible D: After that trailer I'd rather just go back and watch the original again, it's probably nearly a decade since the last time I saw that :B

yeah shit movie!

"Genetically Modified"

Topical. Controversial.  Likely included in script and trailer to just maximize audience reach.  That term alone will get people to literally turn their head to the screen if it is on in the background when someone else is watching.  Trust me....this shit is tested to death in focus groups and panels etc.  Every microsecond in that trailer was engineered (like in every other movie durrr).  

Or they did it for the lulz.