Trip To Cologne

blackdog

Depending on the acitivities you wanna do, especially around new year.

A walk along the Rhine river should be a must, Cologne Cathedral.. mh well, if you're into churches or architecture - sure why not.

Other then that, just enjoy walking through the city, you should find a lot of the German commercial xmas & nye spirit on the streets and in the shops. :D

Last two times I've been there I was in the zoo (+ aquarium, terrarium and insectarium, it's in the same ticket) and a park a bit outside of Cologne. If you're going for something where you can have a nice dinner on one evening, I can recommend 'Alex' or 'Extrablatt', which also have nice cocktails (and food for all tastes).

Apart from that there is not much, that I find overly interesting, except for the streets and houses. It's a rather boring metrocity.

Edited by Deathy

Thanks guys, there are some interesting tips. Ye I know there's Tripadvisor, but I find that website incredibly cluttered and I always get stressed and find little info for the effort spent – know what I mean?

Definitely we're gonna walk around and enjoy the place… hoping it's an interesting city from the point of view of layout and architecture, afterall I'm on the core ;) but was curious if there was something else. She's an Education Ranger, so zoo+all the rest is definitely an option (and I don't remember seeing it in the lists I found "top 5-top 10 things to do".

Very useful to know about restaurant and Pascha!

Thanks guys, there are some interesting tips. Ye I know there's Tripadvisor, but I find that website incredibly cluttered and I always get stressed and find little info for the effort spent – know what I mean?

I used it for a trip to Budapest last weekend and I found it very handy for restaurant recommendations and ideas for activities. Maybe you can do a cruise on the Rhine and see the fireworks from there? Or by the river? Definitely check out a Brauhaus and drink some Kölsch :) I took the staircase up the citadel once. If you are feeling sporty, go ahead and try that! :D

• 1 month later...

Escape rooms are good! We were able to book the experience of finding a piece of art and escape was a bonus since we were in two.

Made it to find the object just about when the timer expired.

We got a few too many hints from the game master for my taste, but have to admit the game was well managed since we made it just about.

I would definitely recommend :)

Sunday we'll do the glow-in-the-dark minigolf

Edited by blackdog