Jump to content
Mazy

Overwatch

Recommended Posts

So, shame on me I've never played this, but I've seen that it's going relatively cheap now and was considering picking it up...am wondering if I've left it too late? Am I going to get properly owned by everyone who's had it since last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PaulH said:

So, shame on me I've never played this, but I've seen that it's going relatively cheap now and was considering picking it up...am wondering if I've left it too late? Am I going to get properly owned by everyone who's had it since last year?

absolutely not. The ranked mode can be a little bad at times but the community is still there. Its only been out a year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TooProForYahoo said:

absolutely not. The ranked mode can be a little bad at times but the community is still there. Its only been out a year!

Yeah I don't doubt there's a big community for it still :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, PaulH said:

So, shame on me I've never played this, but I've seen that it's going relatively cheap now and was considering picking it up...am wondering if I've left it too late? Am I going to get properly owned by everyone who's had it since last year?

By now, the match maker is fairly decent at putting you with people of your skill. This shouldn't be an issue at all for you, even when starting out, there's a gigantic pool of people playing. Plus, not that it matters, but there's actually still loads of new players starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [HP] said:

By now, the match maker is fairly decent at putting you with people of your skill. This shouldn't be an issue at all for you, even when starting out, there's a gigantic pool of people playing. Plus, not that it matters, but there's actually still loads of new players starting.

Cool, will pick up a copy tomorrow and give it a go, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is decent, am having a good time with it. I've mainly stuck with the Soldier 76 guy as he's basically the Call of Duty type with the medium range assault rifle and the ability to sprint (not sure why sprint has to be a perk in this game though!). I've tried a couple of the others, I think I want to stick to one guy to get used to it and then branch out when I'm feeling a bit more confident. I did try the Widowmaker for a game or two as well and she was pretty good, and also Bastion is ok on some of the defensive games. Who else would you guys recommend? Is there a character out there that tends to be the most popular for any reason? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be wise to play everyone for a few rounds and pick your top 4 or something to get better at, but I didn't do that, pretty much went for Lucio/Torb right away, at the very least try to play at least one tank and healer to fill in gaps. I play 5 or so heroes most of the time, and then when I start to get bored I play/study a new one :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.06.2017 at 1:17 AM, Puddy said:

Me and RZL teamed up for a few games, got stomped once but we mostly stood our ground! If there are any other mapcorians who want to team up more, let us know! We're platinum-level.

I lucked out like hell with Dva. :D Girly reaction scream included.

 

What's your battle.net account? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently, Overwatch porn is really a thing? I thought you guys were exaggerating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sprony said:

So apparently, Overwatch porn is really a thing? I thought you guys were exaggerating. 

Yes, it is really a thing. Around the release time of the game, I wanted to subscribe to Overwatch's sub-reddit. When I was searching for "Overwatch", the porn-subreddit of it was on top of the searches, not the actual game. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...