Mazy

Overwatch

13 hours ago, AlexM said:

I just saw someone actually get a basket in the waiting room. I never thought I'd see the day

If you're playing Zarya, stand up and aim two mm below the rim, you'll make it every time :-)

Don't know where to aim on other characters, depends on their model height.

Overall I'm enjoying season 2 so far. The placements were chaotic, but that was to be expected. Since I was curious about the systen, I had a look at the profiles of my opponents and team mates. I saw everything from fresh 25's to SR 40's to top 500's from precious seasons. Games were lopsided 9/10 times. I ended up 4-1-5, a pretty bad run.

I was initially placed at 2700, but I've climbed to 2960 since. Games are still very lopsided until people reach their proper skill rating. I sometimes get current top 500's in my games, but I also get that I would say are gold level players who lucked out in their placements and are on their way down.

It is what it is, but i think things will settle soon.

On 9/3/2016 at 6:25 PM, Taylor said:

Melee it from the table! Works 99% of the time.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:06 AM, grapen said:

If you're playing Zarya, stand up and aim two mm below the rim, you'll make it every time :-)

Don't know where to aim on other characters, depends on their model height.

And here i thought I was so special to have witnessed that :P

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I've just done my placements and achieved a humble gold, which I imagine is the tier immediately above average.

I'm locked in for a guaranteed 20% of a gun shader. Come on Season 3.

They really amped up the reward requirements. GM required for 3k points? Like holy shit, I was expecting 3k entry at diamond. Still think they could do something more interesting than golden guns honestly, like player icons or something that's account specific.

Edited by grapen

3 hours ago, grapen said:

Still think they could do something more interesting than golden guns honestly, like player icons or something that's account specific.

Hats. It's gonna be hats.

Im curios to see what the next event will be after Summer Games. level 193 now so hope for an event with special lootboxes when i turn 200 ;)

Also Golden guns are cool but id love to see some really amazing skins that feel more exclusive.

Got ranked 2170 something after my 10 horrible matches and now im 2340. Have had a good streak now and hoping to reach Diamond before the end of the season!

6 hours ago, grapen said:

They really amped up the reward requirements. GM required for 3k points? Like holy shit, I was expecting 3k entry at diamond. Still think they could do something more interesting than golden guns honestly, like player icons or something that's account specific.

Yeah, weirdly enough player icons are absolutely the category of unlock I like the most. Being able to get a cool Hero specific unlock with a golden gun would make that a lot more interesting to pursue for me.

Had a fun game with a team we kept calling "the new three tank meta": Reinhardt, D.Va, Zarya, Reaper, Zenyatta, Ana. We had enough dps to make up for only having one "official" dps hero, and the three tanks kept us supports alive and kicking ass in the midst of them. We rolled Point A on Numbani in <30 seconds with that comp at the start of the round, before the enemy team knew what hit them, lol. I was somewhat worried long range would be an issue, but Reinhardt's shield plus a good Ana actually kept us just fine.