OK so I think this game is great, bought it for PC first to play over lunch and now that I'm on vacation and want to play with my buddies overseas I bought it for PS4 as well BUT... The controls are absolutely atrocious on console :( I don't know if it's input lag or just how the accelleration/dead zones work but something is SUPER off. Since the latest patch it's a little bit better but it's still noticably worse than other games. Been playing a lot of Uncharted 4 and MGS lately and those sticks are on point, dayum! I know they're not exactly FPS but I played a lot of COD and Halo back in the day and I was never struggling so much with moving the crosshair in a reliable way.

Anyone else has trouble with it? :( Any of you devs know if there's more improvements coming?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Control point map out on PTR today, set in Busan, Korea! Each 3 points feature a different distinct theme: City, Temple and MEKA Base. The design of each point should feel very different with varyin

Started to post some of my environment work, today is ilios  Remember that our maps are made mostly by Mapcorians and they are a team effort! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/25bng

So happy to finally get this out there . The response at blizzcon and online has been incredible. I'm up in the clouds right now haha.   For you guys wondering which mapcore people are working on th

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Puddy said:

c3U3VFb.png

wat

Hide contents

111%?

I'm guessing the game calculates the kill participation using a formal like this (Kills + Assists) / (Enemy Total Deaths).  I believe when someone is killed they are not dead until they respawn. So if the enemy mercy revives a player, you can get two kills off of their one death. 

20 hours ago, MaanMan said:

I'm guessing the game calculates the kill participation using a formal like this (Kills + Assists) / (Enemy Total Deaths).  I believe when someone is killed they are not dead until they respawn. So if the enemy mercy revives a player, you can get two kills off of their one death. 

Getting killed and revived resets counters for things that reset like "do x in one life," kill streaks, Zarya's energy, etc. Weird that it wouldn't count for the overall game stats when it still counts for all that stuff.

My losing streak continues, despite every game being typically extremely close, down to overtime in sudden death mostly. That would suggest a very well matched team, actually, and I typically have all silvers and golds for my team, but the game keeps enormously punishing me after every single game, no matter how close, no matter if I'm the team MVP on a game that was lost only by a hair. One entire rank's value, every single game, even though the ranks are supposed to be averages so you'd think changes would slow way down around 50. Instead I'm down to 45, from 59. In the most recent game, playing as Zenyatta, I had gold in healing, eliminations, *and* damage (over 20k dealt over the course of four rounds and sudden death). Surely that suggests a disparity in skill between me and my team, but nope, full rank's value lost anyway. Blizz don't care.

I should probably quit, should've quit before it ever even got this bad, but I still play once in a while, trying to get that pre-streak spark back. I had so much fun in my placement matches and first dozen after that. ;_; This whole summer season has been completely ruined. Ugh, Blizzard. Stop tricking me into liking a game and then hurting me like this, I'm not into bsdm, not in videogames anyway!

Edited by Jetsetlemming

Been playing her for a few matches.

Healing rifle works well, heals for a fair amount and you don't need to be scoped to provide healing or damage.

Her grenade is also really good, mostly use it to keep hp up for myself or for when Zarya ults to bind our team together.

Tranq is not bad, I get a few hits every so often, unless your aim is good, save it for tanks.

Ultimate is alright, although unless your team coordinates, it tends to be worthless.

I think the D. Va being immune to her self-destruct blast is just not needed. Junkrat, Pharah, Bastion and Tracer can be killed by their own ultimate, why make a change to this rule? It will make very unfair situations, where D. Va can hold the cart while using the mech as a shield before blast, then clear the area with the blast, call a new mech and keep on going. The other buffs are already big enough to make her almost a one-star hero in difficulty.

I think they should restore the gameplay element of the ult killing D.Va, not as a buff or debuff or w/e, but because losing it loses a strategic moment of the game of running from the big explosion you just triggered to kill a bunch of other people who couldn't get away. That little moment was fun and they killed it.

Also a bunch of people might not realize that's the case since throughout the game you mostly *can* hurt yourself with explosions, and so they would still hide from the self destruct and put them at an unintuitive disadvantage to other players.

Ana's nice I guess but with the survivability buff to Zenyatta I basically never want to play another hero again. :D So fun

Edited by Jetsetlemming