Overwatch

Mazy

This game's amazing, but mostly when played with friends! With bunch of randoms (more than 3+) it gets roll of dice if you get people with head in their ass or not (mostly yes). Players who play attacking-sniper, but not taking any proper positions or pushing, for example. With friends, it's way more fun and strategical. When you lose, you know the enemy-team outplayed you.

Tracer is probably my favourite hero: "Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!"

1 hour ago, SotaPoika said:

This game's amazing, but mostly when played with friends! With bunch of randoms (more than 3+) it gets roll of dice if you get people with head in their ass or not (mostly yes). Players who play attacking-sniper, but not taking any proper positions or pushing, for example. With friends, it's way more fun and strategical. When you lose, you know the enemy-team outplayed you.

Tracer is probably my favourite hero: "Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!"

Yeah, it's the old problem with pub servers. This becomes a non issue with the competitive mode that's coming soon.

Yeah, it's a great pub game but I think the game's systems really do come alive when you play with friends or just with people using their mics. 

I played with a full group a couple of days ago and it was easily the most fun I'd had with the game. We played for like 6 hours, and my sessions with this game are usually pretty short (surprisingly) when I'm playing solo. It just kind feels lonely when playing solo sometimes, like as if I'm just playing a deathmatch or something with no real teamwork. This will probably get evened out as the "launch" playerbase gets replaced with the more dedicated players sticking with the game willing to use their mics etc. That's why I think it's great that competitive didn't launch right away so you don't get a bunch of mic-less pubbers queueing up for competitive treating it like League of Legends or w/e. Much like csgo, you really need to communicate with the entire team over voice chat if you want to win consistently.

Edited by nikkoship

I have a lot of fun in pub games depending on my character. Mei is great, Reinhardt can be surprisingly okay because he's hueg and very visible, extra with his shield, so people actually gravitate towards you. Pharah's okay if the other team doesn't have an actually good sniper. 

The only enjoyable support character is Lucio in most matches because he doesn't have to pay attention to his team at all, it's all just passive effects. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsetlemming said:

I have a lot of fun in pub games depending on my character. Mei is great, Reinhardt can be surprisingly okay because he's hueg and very visible, extra with his shield, so people actually gravitate towards you. Pharah's okay if the other team doesn't have an actually good sniper. 

The only enjoyable support character is Lucio in most matches because he doesn't have to pay attention to his team at all, it's all just passive effects. 

Nawww, lucio needs to keep a good eye on his team to do well, need to be at the right place and in line of sight, need to support others by knocking back tanks etc, disrupting, swapping songs all the time to give teammates the correct advantage (sticking on heal all the time in battle isn't always the best tactic) 

I've played 99% Lucio, he's very in depth to play him well. Positioning relative to your team is super critical and skillful. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsetlemming said:

Ideally, yeah, but I mean you don't need your team to enjoy playing as him, because he heals/buffs himself and can shove people away. Mercy needs her team to think about her, as does Zarya and a few others, or it gets frustrating. 

Right, but the counterwheight for that is that Mercy can full heal a tank in a matter of a couple seconds. With Lucio's passive heal it would take you much longer, that's why I actually tend to gravitate more towards Mercy than Lucio when my team needs support.

Quick question, are there any places we can go to get competitive style games yet? Fancy trying out a competitive style Overwatch game but the Comp update is not coming out for a couple weeks yet.

As I play and learn more some of my issues/complaints get addressed by experience.

D.Va felt very frustrating outside of her suit bc of how long you have to wait, until I realized you can recharge it in like five seconds if you can land blaster shots on the enemy. 

Mei can be countered simply by looking for her, like you would a Reaper. If you see her coming, she's not a threat at all, not really, but she's small and sneaky. I honestly feel like, instead of nerfing her at all, Blizzard could just make the damage indicator/locator effect on-screen more obvious/clear so you can find where she's shooting you from faster, and that'd clear it up.

Junkrat is super fun and personable, but his ultimate kinda blows (lol pun). Sure, if it goes well it almost always gets Play of the Game, but you can actually just shoot the fucking thing and it dies almost instantly. It doesn't even explode on death if it's shot. They should probably change that because having your ult literally do NOTHING is really frustrating. Even when McGee gets shot during Deadeye he gets to keep 50% of his ult meter. Either give it more health (it is a rubber tire after all, not like it's something fragile), or probably better, make it blow up when shot, imo.

For a complaint the game hasn't addressed, I have games with two widowmakers on my team more often than I do games with one healer. Widowmaker sucks, and even when she's not there initially the game actually says "Warning: No snipers" and so probably two people will switch. At least Hanzo has his utilities that help them team more often, but a bad widowmaker will use tactical visor like once total, and never throw a poison mine. The snipers would be okay, I guess, if the game was bigger than 6v6, but having someone getting 5% accuracy on a sniper character, standing nowhere near the objectives, is a bigger handicap here than usual in team FPS.

Edit: Speaking of snipers, why does it specify when you have no snipers on top of looking for defense characters, same for builders, but it doesn't call attention to no medics on top of the general support category? A Zenyatta or a Symettra is not a replacement for a Mercy or Lucio.

Edited by Jetsetlemming

Junkrat ultimate is one of the strongest in the game. It has a gigantic blast radius, kills anyone - including a full health Reinhardt and has absolutely no risk associated with it because you're 2 miles away. If it gets blown up then tough titties. McCree also shouldn't keep 50% meter. Fuck McCree.

Zenyatta isn't so bad, but yeah Symmetra is a builder and it's frustrating when people think because "No Supports" has disappeared we don't need a healer.

you have to be creative with junkrat's ulti, climb up stuff and jump from height, use it when there's chaos.

Also having more than 1 support is the way to go imo. And dont play alone obviously.

Zenyatta is a great 2nd support pick, he's a beast in the right hands.

he has no footsteps and many people don't use this to their advantage, I managed to sneak up to widowmaker on route66 several times and head-shot her upclose, most satisfying kills ever.