• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Control point map out on PTR today, set in Busan, Korea! Each 3 points feature a different distinct theme: City, Temple and MEKA Base. The design of each point should feel very different with varyin

Started to post some of my environment work, today is ilios  Remember that our maps are made mostly by Mapcorians and they are a team effort! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/25bng

So happy to finally get this out there . The response at blizzcon and online has been incredible. I'm up in the clouds right now haha.   For you guys wondering which mapcore people are working on th

Posted Images

How does everybody like the maps? Any favourites? On most maps, no matter which path I take, I end up at the objective (as long as I go in that direction) - which is great. The only map where I got stuck and had to backtrack for a long time to get to where I wanted to go was Volskaya Industries.

no personal favorite, but numbani got stuck in my head.. love that hi-tech african vibe.

I'm getting random stuttering/packet loss everytime a map changes which makes the game unplayable sometimes.

Many people are reporting the same issue, so I assume the problem is on the server side, hoping it will be resolved soon so I can play again :[

Maps have been decent been getting frustrated however that some places that require a vertical ability to access but look like they should have a normal way in, like in King's row's first point.

10 hours ago, Bastion said:

Maps have been decent been getting frustrated however that some places that require a vertical ability to access but look like they should have a normal way in, like in King's row's first point.

Which places exactly? You just go inside and take the stairs up. 

If Hanzo lands his reveal arrow, sees you in an enclosed space, and does a double dragon through your face… he kinda deserves to kill you. There are much stronger ultimate's where most characters can only duck behind something and clench when they hear the sound (although if you’re working as a team you should be able to outplay it).

I’ve been all over the Overwatch train since the open weekend and I’ve been having a ton of fun with it. Has completely taken over all my gaming time and I haven’t booted up League of Legends once, although I’ve been looking for a replacement for a while.

I do find pickup groups can be a little frustrating... You first pick, watch people go double Tracer on a defence map, and then the roster slowly fills out with no healers - and the last guy also won't pick until you all leave spawn, so you have to walk back to change. But this is a combination of factors including people just being new to the game. Honestly, for pubs I think the only thing the game does wrong here is classify Symmetra as a support and not a builder ("oh we have a healer, guess I'll be our second Reaper"), it’s very good at offering composition advice, and swapping the teams around or out completely if it all goes Pete Tong.

Anyway, I mostly play with a linkshell of friends and I have a lot of fun. I usually end up playing the tank, but that’s fine because Roadhog and Reinhardt are ridiculous amounts of fun. Roadhog is a beast if you’re hitting those hooks, whereas Reinhardt just feels amazingly useful and his ultimate is almost as good as Zayra’s for setting up wombo combos. I play Mei a lot of defence because I’m a terrible person and Rescue Mei is such an amazing skin I had to drop 1,000 on it. Otherwise I stick to Pharah, Soldier, Lucio, etc. Only played Reaper once to spam the amazing..ly bad “I’m not a psychopath” emote, and I got play of the game pressing Q. Turns out it is as easy as it looks.

I’m currently work in the exciting world of mobile development, doing my own things on the side, and one thing it’s made me extremely sensitive to as a game designer is accessibility done in a nice way. Overwatch does such a good job of what I would sarcastically call “positive player reinforcement” that I do think it’s the quintessential example for this in multiplayer. Complete focus on positive stats only without even your KDA visible to other players, reward cards and a dubious freebie thrown to some random person, play of the game could be contentious but I think it’s more of a learning tool that anyone can be a god for 5 seconds if they press Q correctly, account levelling does not overly punish loses, maps are very clear and running at the objective marker usually gets you where you want (except on that little sniper house in Volskaya Industries where you can get turned around), etc. Even as someone who considers themselves “hardcore” I love all this, because I don’t really care how much someone died if it’s just ammo for some toxic moron on the team to flame the support for not killing enough people.

So, yeah, I’ve been loving it. And I’m probably bad. Taylor#2599

Also at home and at work Roadhog will randomly point straight up during Whole Hog. Often, it seems, after killing someone but that could be a coincidence. It’s a bit annoying. Also, Whole Hog is really underwhelming and I usually die immediately because I can’t heal or stun. Still waiting for that game where they all line up on a cliff for my achievement, though.

Super Late Next Day Edit: Kill assists giving you eliminations is probably the biggest thing and I forgot to mention it. I'm surprised the kill feed was on by default in the launch, as it wasn't in beta, but I guess you need to switch it on to know when people die so everyone enabled it.

Edited by Taylor

Maybe she's balanced, but I fucking hate Mei. :D I feel so dirty when I play as her. You can see the desperation in the enemy's eyes as they frantically try to turn around and find out where they are getting their ass frozen from. And then, as some fucking cold, literally, psychopath you blast an icicle through their brain.