Mazy

Overwatch

I've never seen so many elements from other games combined into one. Seriously, it's all over the place. Not hating, just saying. The entire clip I was like oh they go that from this and this from that.

I'm not so into it.  It looks like a mess.  Sci-fi characters in the 1940s illustration style of TF2 (many of whom don't look great next to each other in the first place), abilities look way too OP/ridiculous (reaper "KILL EVERYTHING" mode, sniper/titsass wallhacks), also the cinematic crew doesn't even know what to do with the art it seems. 

Exact same reaction.

I've never seen so many elements from other games combined into one. Seriously, it's all over the place. Not hating, just saying. The entire clip I was like oh they go that from this and this from that.

I'm not so into it.  It looks like a mess.  Sci-fi characters in the 1940s illustration style of TF2 (many of whom don't look great next to each other in the first place), abilities look way too OP/ridiculous (reaper "KILL EVERYTHING" mode, sniper/titsass wallhacks), also the cinematic crew doesn't even know what to do with the art it seems. 

Exact same reaction.

Same here. I posted my opinion in Blizzcon thread (didn't see this thread).

Another thing missing is the sense of humor tf2 has. Gotta see how this turns out.

Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but I don't see anything bad about the game so far. Like with any asymmetric game, I'm sure the devs will balance the game out. Nothing wrong with having abilities that make you feel unique and powerful.

I'm liking the clean aesthetics! I always respect the games that don't push toward the hyperrealism trend. Art direction is pretty unique. 

It seems the heroes are specifically designed for attack or defense only. Nice change from TF2's classes.

I'm not saying it's bad. I haven't played it so I can't judge. I'm saying that it doesn't have it's own identity (yet). To me it looks as generic as the next COD. Sorry if it seems harsh. Just telling how I see it. Maybe the gameplay will make me believer :)

the gameplay should always make you a believer haha

Yeah, but it should look inviting enough so that people want to play ;)

I used to play so many CS mods where you would have cool powers and could trigger unique abilities, it was awesome. I'm a huge fan of abilities in shooters, in fact I find them more fun than infinite variations of almost the same gun (only part of tf2 I don't really care about) to me - this is a natural and smart evolution of the shooter genre.

Edited by 2d-chris

Even if this is just another TF2, I'll gladly play it. The main thing I don't like about TF2 today is how scattered and chaotic the gameplay has gotten over the years due to all the new weapons and abilities that let so many classes play outside of their "normal" roles. If Overwatch does a better job of keeping the different classes in their particular role, I'll be a happy camper.

Also, I don't think this is gonna be just another TF2. There's definitely a fair amount of stuff that Blizzard took from TF2, but there seems to be a lot of new stuff thrown in the mix too. Overwatch is definitely it's own thing.