Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

After discovering that Unity doesn't really have bsp tools like UE4 has, I was looking into starting something in Sketchup (which I did start learning a few years back), but you have to pay (a steep price) to export to the common file exchange formats :( also I was thinking that if I had to just block out something to use in Blender as a base... I might as well just learn Blender.

I've been working on a project where I just said fuck it and told everyone to use Trenchbroom 2, which now exports to .obj nicely (so long as you import it into blender and save as a .blend because unity doesn't support multiple meshes in an obj file :|)  It works well until you have about a thousand lightmap files because you can't make a good optimized mesh out if it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Control point map out on PTR today, set in Busan, Korea! Each 3 points feature a different distinct theme: City, Temple and MEKA Base. The design of each point should feel very different with varyin

Started to post some of my environment work, today is ilios  Remember that our maps are made mostly by Mapcorians and they are a team effort! https://www.artstation.com/artwork/25bng

So happy to finally get this out there . The response at blizzcon and online has been incredible. I'm up in the clouds right now haha.   For you guys wondering which mapcore people are working on th

Posted Images

I think those Sketchup pictures were made by someone on reddit who was recreating the levels himself: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/3h4ouo/maps_layout/

So the level design pipeline at Blizzard remains a mystery...

I would love to make maps for this game but for now I'm just glad there's a game that comes close to giving me the same feeling as TF2 used to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got tired and bored after a few games yesterday. I tried nearly every hero I believe and after some time, nothing worked anymore :D I got no kills and everything I tried failed :( But I can't wait to play again today  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the game so far, have played about 15 games, the problem is that people playing sometimes (about 50% of the time) are terrible and are just playing as if its TDM but don't even get any kills. Really frustrating when your team don't even attempt to stand near the cart. Most games I have played I have taken he vast majority of the objectives. Basically ruins the experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vilham said:

Not sure about the game so far, have played about 15 games, the problem is that people playing sometimes (about 50% of the time) are terrible and are just playing as if its TDM but don't even get any kills. Really frustrating when your team don't even attempt to stand near the cart. Most games I have played I have taken he vast majority of the objectives. Basically ruins the experience.

pretty much, I'm usually the only one standing in the capture point while my teammates are running around like idiots.

competitive games 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tomm said:

pretty much, I'm usually the only one standing in the capture point while my teammates are running around like idiots.

competitive games 2016.

Welcome to free to play games. Or in this case: when it's free to play for the time being due to open beta.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vilham said:

Not sure about the game so far, have played about 15 games, the problem is that people playing sometimes (about 50% of the time) are terrible and are just playing as if its TDM but don't even get any kills. Really frustrating when your team don't even attempt to stand near the cart. Most games I have played I have taken he vast majority of the objectives. Basically ruins the experience.

This is indeed a problem, and the main reason I can't wait competitive mode to come back! People take the game much more seriously in that mode, for obvious reason. I recommend you to check it out when it's back, it's a night and day experience.

CS:GO suffers from the same problem, no one really cares if their team wins if they're just playing in random pubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have about 13 hours in the beta and it is really good. Some shitty teams here and there but not too bad for pub groups. Genji is an absolute blast to play.. love how much the levels open up when you play him (and reflecting Bastion's turret sprays into his stupid, lifeless robot face is great). 

This is probably already planned no doubt but an art breakdown on some of the environment art in this game would be killer. I was shocked to see how many of the walls have 90 degree corners in the geo but are masked with some clever normal map placement. It sells it very, very well.

Edited by darkbsp
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darkbsp said:

I have about 13 hours in the beta and it is really good. Some shitty teams here and there but not too bad for pub groups. Genji is an absolute blast to play.. love how much the levels open up when you play him (and reflecting Bastion's turret sprays into his stupid, lifeless robot face is great). 

This is probably already planned no doubt but an art breakdown on some of the environment art in this game would be killer. I was shocked to see how many of the walls have 90 degree corners in the geo but are masked with some clever normal map placement. It sells it very, very well.

The game indeed is a masterclass in the use of normal maps. Technical articles on Overwatch would be very welcome!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...