Overwatch

Mazy

2 hours ago, DrywallDreams said:

Does anyone else feel like the matchmaking is against them?  Like I've won a single game, lost like 5.  

if your new your probably getting schooled by players of the closed beta, like myself :P tons of fresh meat in the game right now getting ripped a new one. 

This is a fun fuckin game! I really enjoy even the heroes I hate (BASTIONNN!!!)

At first I played Pharah a lot, then I tried out the other offensive classes, today I really enjoyed playing Mei, I got some Bastion in on King's Watch, played some Widowmaker too. I honestly like all of the classes in the game, and the levels play well... all this must have been a real pain to balance, but it's worked out beautifully. The only classes I've tried and really didn't connect with were Hanzo (really difficult to play seemingly) and Zarya (didn't see the point). I need to play some of the engineer class soon, and D.Va. There are just so many classes it seems like, definitely a lot of depth to be had even if the gameplay feels like a weird mix of competitive and casual right now. Ranked matches are going to be great whenever that gets released.

17 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

At first I played Pharah a lot, then I tried out the other offensive classes, today I really enjoyed playing Mei, I got some Bastion in on King's Watch, played some Widowmaker too. I honestly like all of the classes in the game, and the levels play well... all this must have been a real pain to balance, but it's worked out beautifully. The only classes I've tried and really didn't connect with were Hanzo (really difficult to play seemingly) and Zarya (didn't see the point). I need to play some of the engineer class soon, and D.Va. There are just so many classes it seems like, definitely a lot of depth to be had even if the gameplay feels like a weird mix of competitive and casual right now. Ranked matches are going to be great whenever that gets released.

Bastion is actually a surprising amount of fun for literally being a turret. Lot's of heroes I hated the idea of turned out the be some of my favorites. Blizzard has done a great job of creating that "a-ha moment" in every hero where you discover a new tactic/combo or whatever (at least for me.) Another great thing is that so many different video game skill-sets transfer over to this game(mobas/mmos/fpsers etc.). I can play this game with someone who never plays shooters or doesn't even like shooters and within the first hour we're coordinating our ults together and having a blast. 

2 hours ago, FMPONE said:

I still think 2 or 3 characters are a bit OP, at least in how versatile or frustrating they can be against most other classes, like McCree's stun and 6-shots-in-a-row combination (although I heard they nerfed that a bit, but I haven't played much since) and Hanzo's scatter arrows they he can just shoot at the feet of most non-tank enemies to one-shot them. But yeah, in general the fact that around 20 characters with totally different abilities combine so well outside of a MOBA is quite impressive.

I usually play Reinhart, Winston, Lucio when no-one takes a healer or to do those nice push kills in maps like Illios, and I'm starting to like Zarya and Junkrat too. Zarya is hard to play because you have to time very precisely the shields for max effect but she kicks ass once fully charged and her ultimate can really save the day (+ auto regen is nice when healers suck in your team)

Only just taking notice of this game. Watched a guy streaming this yesterday and luckily the open beta is now out. I'm actually very excited to play this at lunch today!! Would be nice to scratch the TF2 itch again.

I'm not sure what hero to play. In TF2 I loved playing as Pyro and I think I was a pretty sick medic. Any tips?

1 hour ago, Beck said:

Only just taking notice of this game. Watched a guy streaming this yesterday and luckily the open beta is now out. I'm actually very excited to play this at lunch today!! Would be nice to scratch the TF2 itch again.

I'm not sure what hero to play. In TF2 I loved playing as Pyro and I think I was a pretty sick medic. Any tips?

tip 1 - add vaya#1367

tip2 - I don't think there's anything quite like the pyro in here. I guess mei is a little like him but freezes stuff rather than cooks?  There's a medic character too that I haven't tried. I enjoy playing as the junkrat as he's basically demoman and I don't have to aim well to kill things

Just now, Vaya said:

tip 1 - add vaya#1367

tip2 - I don't think there's anything quite like the pyro in here. I guess mei is a little like him but freezes stuff rather than cooks?  There's a medic character too that I haven't tried. I enjoy playing as the junkrat as he's basically demoman and I don't have to aim well to kill things

Added. Ren#2237 if anyone wants to add me.

I wasn't looking for an exact pyro replica, just watching some guy and I saw that freeze character causing a lot of havoc so I may try it. I'm just going to try a few classes and try to learn the game as I play. It's nice you get the kill cams so you can see where you went wrong or how they countered you. Should pick it up quick enough hopefully!

Cheers!

On 28/04/2016 at 9:07 PM, 2d-chris said:

Sure why not, it's pretty good for quick work, really doesn't matter how you make them at that point, so long as you keep the detail low.

Yeah, I just haven't seen any behind the scenes that hinted what their pipeline is; I know many developers use Sketchup... I remember that in some Naughty Dog it was largely used by the art director to create the basic blockout for a concept painting (and the final rendition was quite faithful from what they were showing, can't remember if the block out was used also as a base for designers/artists).

Being so quick and powerful, I wonder how is not more prominently advertised or more largely used.

After discovering that Unity doesn't really have bsp tools like UE4 has, I was looking into starting something in Sketchup (which I did start learning a few years back), but you have to pay (a steep price) to export to the common file exchange formats :( also I was thinking that if I had to just block out something to use in Blender as a base... I might as well just learn Blender.