Mazy

Overwatch

On 5/7/2018 at 9:48 PM, [HP] said:

How many of those later changes are driven by art vs ld? Seems like it changes alot after blockout, often changing the gameplay massively. Like entire routes being closed off or high ground changing position.

Also a bit of drama from Paladins using a screenshot straight of Tiagos art station:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N8YgP

Yeah, change is good man. Iteration is key. 

LD blockouts are rarely a one to one blueprint for the level. In theory, that's what it should be, but in practice that's just when the real iteration happens, when art marries with the design. 

On 5/20/2018 at 8:20 AM, Vilham said:

How many of those later changes are driven by art vs ld? Seems like it changes alot after blockout, often changing the gameplay massively. Like entire routes being closed off or high ground changing position.

Also a bit of drama from Paladins using a screenshot straight of Tiagos art station:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N8YgP

lol! 

We iterate a lot on the maps, a lot of the small changes you see are art driven (to make things easier to build), and we also have a lot of freedom to shift stuff around to improve the flow, sightlines etc... We never just convert a level design map straight into art, there's always a "cleanup" phase if you will. But sometimes we do major level design changes later on (but those are always driven by design of course).

That's something I really enjoy about this pipeline, it feels very organic :)

At first i was like, a hamster in a mech, no way.. this is a joke..

Then you guys were like, "yeah, this is whatsup."

Did not see this one coming!

Congrats to London Spitfire for being amazing and claiming the first Overwatch League title.

Also, must say i love endorsments. Competative is so much less toxic now! I played all placement matches without a single griefer och troll. So happy!

1 hour ago, [HP] said:

Control point map out on PTR today, set in Busan, Korea!
Each 3 points feature a different distinct theme: City, Temple and MEKA Base. The design of each point should feel very different with varying environment hazards and vertical elements. Go check it out!

DlN5b37UYAUjKWD.jpg

DlN5czeU8AAgenm.jpg

DlN5dphUUAAjHkk.jpg

DlN5ek9U0AEzGkm.jpg

DlN6R6DVAAEZsZs.jpg

DlN6TD2U0AA49DI.jpg

DlN6UAqU0AAiG9T.jpg

This kicks ass!

@Helder Pinto Been playing this a lot the past few days, really excellent, city area seems a little sniper heavy, I know you can flank, but when shit kicks off on the point it's easy to be a target. I'm having a blast as always. Love the futuristic stage, the cover that pops up is pretty interesting, happy to see you guys experimenting more with dynamic environments, pretty fun with Moira :D Love the idea of the fastest route to the point being the most dangerous (the small chokepoint having to go uphill) nice touches to keep the maps unique.

Visually, I have nothing to say other than, damnnnnn ... ;) all you need now is some giant dominoes in the spawn room. 

10 hours ago, 2d-chris said:

@Helder Pinto Been playing this a lot the past few days, really excellent, city area seems a little sniper heavy, I know you can flank, but when shit kicks off on the point it's easy to be a target. I'm having a blast as always. Love the futuristic stage, the cover that pops up is pretty interesting, happy to see you guys experimenting more with dynamic environments, pretty fun with Moira :D Love the idea of the fastest route to the point being the most dangerous (the small chokepoint having to go uphill) nice touches to keep the maps unique.

Visually, I have nothing to say other than, damnnnnn ... ;) all you need now is some giant dominoes in the spawn room. 

Agree, but i kinda like the feel of having to check for snipers, makes the map feel different! 

Also, Damn i’m starting to like Hammond! (Nobody actually calls him wrecking ball )