Mazy

Overwatch

1,079 posts in this topic

On my placements, it went 6W-3L-1T and I got 3330, when last season I was 3500. Now I'm 3200. :) I like how I'm matched with people who have DDOS in their brain.

7 hours ago, FrieChamp said:

I played a match today where I played Reinhardt and at the end had the most eliminations on my team. Have a guess which team lost.

...Hmmm DPS players and snipers who can't get picks :mad:

Jetsetlemming likes this

7 hours ago, MikeGon said:

...Hmmm DPS players and snipers who can't get picks :mad:

If I don't instalock Hanzo and spent the entire match dying over and over to Pharah, I will forfeit my Honor

My god. Played my last 4 games last night. 3 of them had 4+ dps on my team. Only 2 of my placement matches didn't have people leave midgame or less than 4 dps's.

Final SR after my placement : 1430 (down from 2300). 

This is gonna be bruuuuuuuutal trying to dig myself out of this hole.

Jetsetlemming likes this

Oh I wish Blizzky would do something about trolls and griefers. So many smurfs playing Hanjob/Widow/Ginju/Sombrero-only accounts and throwing the match if asked to switch. :/

Jetsetlemming likes this

Played my first 4 placement matches last night and lost them all. 

So many players who just solo one character and complain about the team setup whilst playing a character which probably isn't suited to the map.

Had a guy playing Rein who would charge in alone whilst we were all dead, use his ult and die, and then complain saying he had a lack of backup.

It's really infuriating. Placement matches are always shit and I seems to always get the trolls/stubborn/brain dead people on my team :(

Jetsetlemming and AlexM like this

1 hour ago, Beck said:

So many players who just solo one character and complain about the team setup whilst playing a character which probably isn't suited to the map.

Had a guy playing Rein who would charge in alone whilst we were all dead, use his ult and die, and then complain saying he had a lack of backup.

It's really infuriating. Placement matches are always shit and I seems to always get the trolls/stubborn/brain dead people on my team :(

Don't worry about them too much. At the worst, you are placed ~300SR lower than you last Season Final SR.

Edited by SotaPoika

On 3/16/2017 at 5:47 AM, Beck said:

People who refuse to work with their team are so frustrating. I've discovered that basically the only solution to these people is to break from good practices and instead work with them, essentially babysitting them, to try to keep their dumb ass alive. For example, if your team has a ~pro genji~ who keeps jumping into the middle of the enemy team, dying, and then raging at his team, playing Zenyatta is practically essential, both because you can put your Orb of Harmony on his useless ass and hope he lives long enough to scratch somebody, and because you double as a backup dps. Having a Genji on your team significantly reduces the value of Ana simply by existing as somebody you can't actually shoot to heal, because even when he needs it he'll keep double jumping and dodging around you while spamming the heal request button.

Edited by Jetsetlemming

Big new PTR patch with a rework of Lucio. His aura radius is reduced from 30m to 10m, but now it's visible to him and his team, and his heal and speed boost are both buffed 50%. He gets a free 30% speed increase while wall riding, plus an extra boost when he jumps off a wall. Finally, his projectiles are a bit faster. Tested it a bit, and it feels extremely different to play, but potentially satisfying? That boost when jumping off a wall means, as far as I've found, you can no longer ride around an outside corner, because you're pushed away from the structure, however since it stacks with amp it up, you can do crazy shit like jump over the wall around point A in Eichenwald when respawning as a defender. 

Also, Eichenwald now has an extra corridor connecting the health pack room on the left of the bridge choke (from defender's view) to the little tiny tunnel there on the left, meaning a Mei wall can no longer fully block that choke. However, that tunnel is a crazy kill room for scatters and grenades.

Edit: Also your progress towards capping a point on 2CP maps are counted as tie-breakers now, which means if you get completely shut down on point A on attack, the previously defending team will instantly win the game by touching the point uncontested. Caught everybody by surprise both times I saw it happen. 

Edited by Jetsetlemming
[HP] and AlexM like this

I have a feeling, PTR is a mirror-build from DEV, when this kind of stuff gets overlooked almost constantly:

:lol:

We are extremely open-minded about releasing a map editor for Overwatch someday. But because Overwatch was made with a brand new engine, this is not a small task or one which can happen any time soon. We have this on our long-term road map and believe heavily in user-made content. But there are many challenges ahead of us and it will be a very long road before our editor can be made available to the public.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753537194#post-15

The dream is alive.

Beck, Fnugz, FMPONE and 3 others like this

Yeah I suspected that was the case. I'm guessing it's very bare bones right now or it's just some light tooling on top of maya/max.

If the map compiler and format specs were to be released then maybe someone from the community could make an editor ;)

Squad likes this

1 hour ago, AlexM said:

Yeah I suspected that was the case. I'm guessing it's very bare bones right now or it's just some light tooling on top of maya/max.

If the map compiler and format specs were to be released then maybe someone from the community could make an editor ;)

I'd release anything, at all, whatsoever to get a start. No polished first impressions kind of thinking. People would make it work.

MikeGon likes this