tomdon

Bruges

Thought I might break out in to my own thread for my Bruges map. Everything is up in the air at the moment, I am using existing assets for everything at the moment. Once I am happy with the layout I will start adding in my own assets. I have started to work on some low poly models for background buildings:

kv1VE78.png

and just a couple of general shots:

orq9t3i.jpg

RrbMGsn.jpg

Thought I might break out in to my own thread for my Bruges map. Everything is up in the air at the moment, I am using existing assets for everything at the moment. Once I am happy with the layout I will start adding in my own assets. I have started to work on some low poly models for background buildings:

kv1VE78.png

and just a couple of general shots:

orq9t3i.jpg

RrbMGsn.jpg

You might wanna use a different skybox, but that's just my personal opinion.

Metal panels on roof don't fit that well either, Belgium isn't that cheap! ;P

Oh! AND I ALMOST FORGOT!

Make it look rainy. Add puddles and stuff.

I often like to put water in my maps just to reflect the geometry and make the map look a little bit more impressive.

Looks great nonetheless! 

The architecture is indeed very visualy pleasing, but the amount of props that are unrelated to the environment ruin it. It would be a good idea to find replacements for those industrial props.

I would agree :), at the moment I have just been grabbing CSGO props to speed things up. My plan is to replace the unrelated stuff with my own custom content.

The architecture is indeed very visualy pleasing, but the amount of props that are unrelated to the environment ruin it. It would be a good idea to find replacements for those industrial props.

I would agree :), at the moment I have just been grabbing CSGO props to speed things up. My plan is to replace the unrelated stuff with my own custom content.

I mean, bruh.

Use geometry, for example, instead of some random box out of nowhere you should place a fountain that would make more sense.

Beautiful map of a city that is both stunning and historic. Nice work. Although I do agree with the previous post(s) that mention the unrelated construction-looking props from Vertigo scattered here and there. Puddles/snow wouldn't be a bad idea either, again, as mentioned earlier. But yeah, just throw in a few canoes, shrubs and park benches in some parts to replace the construction stuff and you got yourself some class A mapping. Amazing job.

I always had this photo in my references for Bruges. It's so goddamn pretty that I wanted to recreate it someday!

Thought I'd share it. Maybe it can be of some use if you didn't see it yet.

brugge.jpg

I'm I the only one who thinks this looks like a painting?

Edited by moyyst

I always had this photo in my references for Bruges. It's so goddamn pretty that I wanted to recreate it someday!

brugge.jpg

:XD:

brugge.jpg

Way to crush my dreams man...  :sad:

lol, I meant to say picture. I still want to recreate it regardless. 

you definitely need some vines in there, a lot of them :). There's a lot of green in there. Also, don't make it rainy and depressing! Bruges looks best in spring with lots of color imo! 

dog1.jpg

Bruges_Nuit_Blanche_Bonifacius_Bridge_24

Quality ref! Thanks :). I shall work on getting more of this in there.