Circulation

Ubuska

Hi guys. My name is Peter. I would like to show you some WIP screenshots from game called Circulation. 

Me and my brother Andrew working on this project in UDK.
I working on assets (modelling, texturing) while Andrew work in engine on environments, materials and lighting.

This game is about exploring and puzzle solving. Game genre is 2.5D metroidvania platformer with puzzle elements. Game setting is unrerground sci-fi facility. 

Please note that there are mostly modular assets on these shots. Props will be added in the future.

Screenshot_01.png?format=1500w
Screenshot_02.png?format=1500wScreenshot_03.png?format=1500w
Screenshot_04.png?format=1500wScreenshot_05.png?format=1500w
Screenshot_06.png?format=1500wScreenshot_07.png?format=1500wScreenshot_08.png?format=1500wScreenshot_09.png?format=1500w
Screenshot_10.png?format=1500wScreenshot_11.png?format=1500wScreenshot_12.png?format=1500w
Screenshot_13.png?format=1500w
Screenshot_14.png?format=1500wScreenshot_15.png?format=1500w

This is view from far distance (just to show the scale)

Global_01.png?format=1500w
Global_05.png?format=1500w

Here I want to show some color variations (shots taken from light mode view)

Global_02.png?format=1500w
Global_03.png?format=1500w

And finally unlit orthorgraphic view
Global_04.png?format=1500w

Thanks for watching!
I would greatly appreciate some comments and feedback. Also I can take additional shots if needed.

You can see more on Circulation website.

Edited by Ubuska

Thought I was looking at ns2 assets in spark for a while.

Yep, I was inspired by NS2.

Nicely Done!, reminds me a little of Shadow Complex.

Indeed, level design is similar. I designed levels like in this GDC talk. Gameplay however is more like Cave Story - with no combat. Just exploring and puzzle solving.

Level design in more details was covered in this blog post in our devblog. 

This looks awesome! Got any videos?

Videos will be in the future, sorry. Right now we have placeholder character model with rough animations.

post-31554-0-09008000-1414306665_thumb.p

Edited by Ubuska

Today I made a few new rooms. I tried new way of build them. So now it not just single rooms, now it may be several layers of rooms. In this case we have one big room which you may see from different places. It reduce claustrophobic feeling when you have windows and big spaces and make environments a little more intresting. 

Here you can see big room with pipes
1.png?format=1500w

This room is slightly left from previous, you can see big room from here.
2.png?format=1500w

This room is next to previous to the left. It has several floors and interesting form I think. You can still see big room from here.
3.png?format=1500w
4.png?format=1500w
5.png?format=1500w

This is another wip room unrelated to previos ones.
7.png?format=1500w

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and i am environment and sound artist @ Warp Games. For a start i just wanna explain general things about environment choices. If you fell interested, join our website's developer blog where i post stuff related to development with more details at http://www.thewarpgames.com/developer-blog/.
So, as an environment artist i never really liked Lightmass since it became available in UDK release back in the 2010 or something. The Lightmass lights feel just more washed out and blended together so much indoor. So i like doing lights more old-fashioned way. With hundreds of lights as a downside but i feel like i have more control of the result instead and ability to make things look how i want it to look. 

With that said, please ask some questions, leave a feedback and i will gladly answer to you. Thanks!
Edited by Thoughcrayfish

• 1 month later...