Jackal - Q3dmp29 4 player ffa - Peter "fKd" Ward

hmm, yeah? i feel that with the amount of health and armour plus the enviro suit that would off set that.. hmmm maybe making the water area around the power up into a pool so you can dive into it from any height? hmmm... good food for thought. thanks.

nice to see you've come so far already. (i can tell it's going to be down to the wire for me.) as usual, the map looks superb. you really know how to pull off these epic environments. i also love the position of the MH, i didn't notice it hanging out there at first. i also think those central pillars are dying for an item to be placed on them. another thought: maybe switch LG and RA? i didn't analyze it too much, just a gut feeling.

i agree with hipshot's comment and in general i think the scale might be a little too much. obviously you aren't going to change that at this stage, even if you wanted to. at this point i would just try to work in more ledges between levels to make jumping down a little less of a sacrifice. deep water is definitely a good idea. and you could also incorporate some cushioned surfaces like i did in my map, Q.

like your last map, the windows are beautiful and they are what i remember most after leaving the map. maybe you could find spots to add even a few more.

gl!

cheers pat, yeah the ra/lg/rl/power up have been switched around a fair bit during development.. so far i think this might be the right mix, but i'll give it a go with the ra/lg switched.

also working in a few more options to mitigate the falling damage issue.

thanks guys.

Hey fKd. I know Quake only from watching some duels on YT and from playing it just recently (mapping contest) but hopefully I will give you a feedback that map deserves.

First of all: Map looks really sweet.

contradiction

• Symmetry of layout - harmony and peace
  • Amazing verticalism - quite scary, acrophobic

Style and ideas

• Somehow you made concrete and wood planks fit together! I don't know about mixed industrial style but perhaps map could use some green? Plants, green light... 
  • Lamp model should be replaced (mabye its just personal taste)
  • Pilars in the middle (those with fancy shiny texture) could use an item and a jumppad (on the top one perhaps ) that makes you jump to MH. So it's like you jump from the top platform (RA) on this pilar and jumps up to the mega. Dunno.
  • I was so happy when I made grenade jump from the top platform to mega! Its so challenging! 
Edited by Conrad Justin