The question you may ask is: why do they do this? These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Herecomes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder. We provoke this question using new Unreal Engine 4, pushing its physics (or rather PhysX) systems to the limits and trying to make the visuals as good as possible. It's not a simple task, because of the game's non-linear structure and a lot of characters on the screen. But here at Destructive Creations, we are an experienced team and we know how to handle the challenge!

Official statement 

I just think when games are capable of so much more why aim so low?

From the video I can´t see a narrative / world / characters that I would be interested in. I really dislike the protagonist.

mechanics, twin stick shooter? Nothing super incredible, but nothing bad. From what I can see.

Cultural impact? If this went big this would give anyone who´s trying to take a pop at gaming culture an easy shot.

Compare this to Hotline Miami which does a tonne of interesting stuff, especially deeper into the game. What does this game bring to the table?

Why does mindless fun have to be wrapped in "Gothic, troubled looking dude slaughters innocent people?" Which is a pretty horrible setting. Does it do anything clever with this subject? Any commentary on a situation like this? If it is mindless fun, wouldn´t it still be fun in a different setting? 

Edited by Pete_H

Gta is also about killing innocent NPC, because fuck you, i can and it's funny to watch tons of ragdoll covering the streets. Same in Sniper Elite, you can shoot people in the balls, or aim for the head and see a beautiful skull x-ray explosion. While i don't like in COD where you have to participate to a mass murder attack in an airport because it's based upon real facts and history.

In fact, most games justify necessary killings by putting the player into the position of the savior : if you're killing things for a cause, you are a hero. Wrong, if you're killing things you are a killer. And the fun part is, nothing is real and you're not a mental psycho, neither a hero.

I don't say I'll play this game, but at least they are experimenting something else : make the player be the bad motherfuker guy. So ok, that's bad, it will rape our precious kid souls and turn them into mass murderer psycho., because everything looks wrong. Or maybe, it will be a good laught game for pizza-beer party.

Though, the trailer lacks a bit of second degree humour... It would have been funnier if it was actually a horde of WASP trying to kill you, cause you're black, play GTA and listen some dubstep.

Edited by Em'

They're only 'experimenting' because other people have a sense of morality and realise that this is a really unneccessary game to make. As Pete said, are you meant to care for this protagonist? I think it says a lot about you guys as people that you can't wait to play a game where the aim is to murder as many innocents as possible. Sure, you can do it in GTA etc, but that isn't the goal of the game. This is just fucked up.

I think it says a lot about you guys as people that you can't wait to play a game where the aim is to murder as many innocents as possible.

Yeah guys, I'm a fucking psycho ! Can't wait to go outside with my 9mm and kill some dudes !

dude - pliz 

Edited by knj

They're only 'experimenting' because other people have a sense of morality and realise that this is a really unneccessary game to make. As Pete said, are you meant to care for this protagonist? I think it says a lot about you guys as people that you can't wait to play a game where the aim is to murder as many innocents as possible. Sure, you can do it in GTA etc, but that isn't the goal of the game. This is just fucked up.

Come on, sens of morality ?

Also, to be clear, I will probably never play this game or at least, feel like shit terrorising innocent NPC, but come on... This isn't worse than any other shooter.

Lets jail all those mother fucker playing Candy crush, so funny to waste tons of food. TY, WORLD IS HUNGRY AND YOU WASTE FOOD §

Edited by Em'

Gta is also about killing innocent NPC, because fuck you, i can and it's funny to watch tons of ragdoll covering the streets. Same in Sniper Elite, you can shoot people in the balls, or aim for the head and see a beautiful skull x-ray explosion. While i don't like in COD where you have to participate to a mass murder attack in an airport because it's based upon real facts and history.

In fact, most games justify necessary killings by putting the player into the position of the savior : if you're killing things for a cause, you are a hero. Wrong, if you're killing things you are a killer. And the fun part is, nothing is real and you're not a mental psycho, neither a hero.

I don't say I'll play this game, but at least they are experimenting something else : make the player be the bad motherfuker guy. So ok, that's bad, it will rape our precious kid souls and turn them into mass murderer psycho., because everything looks wrong. Or maybe, it will be a good laught game for pizza-beer party.

Though, the trailer lacks a bit of second degree humour... It would have been funnier if it was actually a horde of WASP trying to kill you, cause you're black, play GTA and listen some dubstep.

Ok so if the game is creating an anti-hero thats a super interesting character that you can do so much with. But I´m not getting that with the trailer. If the player is just a guy who wants to kill people, well tbh I want to know why? Like I would with any story in any medium. Even the guys in GTA have motivations, usually pretty un-savory ones. If the narrative isn´t important and it´s just about the game-play why bother having this setting / characters?

I think it says a lot about you guys as people that you can't wait to play a game where the aim is to murder as many innocents as possible.

Yeah guys, I'm a fucking psycho ! Can't wait to go outside with my 9mm and kill some dudes !

dude - pliz 

Obviously nobody here actually believes that otherwise we wouldn´t all be making games!