Star Wars

Sprony

8 hours ago, FMPONE said:

I tried to watch Last Jedi and it was so bad I was shook. Somehow worse than the Lucas prequels.

I thought the first Abrams Star Wars was pretty good, and visually pretty good. but man, they blew the last one hard.

I’ve only heard bad things about it, yet people that criticise it are still excited about the next one… which they just announced will be the longest running SW movie, because this is the new trend to give credibility to your work ?

btw same people proclaim to be big superhero movie fans, but don’t go to see Joker. I guess FX sell.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Wintrius said:

After that last Mandalorian episode we need Taika Watiti to direct a full Star Wars film. That guy is incredible at what he does.

I haven’t seen it so I guess… maybe? His Thor was ok/good. At this point seems like most people could do a better job than the crapfest we’ve seen.

But still most credit for the success of the serie should go to Favreau I think, he’s the creator… wonder if with Faige stepping up controlling both Star Wars and Marvel, Favreau will move to higher position as well. After all he has made Marvel and Disney all the money they have now by kickstarting the MCU, made it rain with Lion King and now this.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, ┌HP┘ said:

I thought star wars was dead to me too, then they made mandalorian which is surprisingly good. However, George was involved in making it, so im sure that helped. Not that Ridley would necessarily be a good fit for this either, as he did work on Prometheus \ covenant and meh.

You make it so hard to tag you ? but I guess you might be interested in this then

On 12/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, blackdog said:

You make it so hard to tag you ? but I guess you might be interested in this then

Hot take: Apart from mandalorian, rogue one is the best thing Disney did with the franchise since they bought it  

Ps.As for my nick, I tried changing it back but our forum only allow for one change a year, such is life.

5 hours ago, ┌HP┘ said:

Hot take: Apart from mandalorian, rogue one is the best thing Disney did with the franchise since they bought it  

I agree, in the sense that it didn’t suck ? Characters were quite dry for me, apart from Paul Mendelsohn, he magnetises each scene he’s in.

It’s funny/sad how they were planning to have lots of these “one off” spin-offs, and they crapped in their pants after Solo, halting everything on the spot… you couldn’t imagine a giant like Disney to stand in the middle of the road like a blinded deer. And now “betray” that idea, cashing in on that success.

What is George Lucas doing these days? Is he out of the frame completely, is he at least trying to create something new on his own again?

PS: they lost their magic/ingenuity 

https://youtube.com/shorts/LDorWh58h7c

Edited by blackdog

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 10:34 AM, blackdog said:

I agree, in the sense that it didn’t suck ? Characters were quite dry for me, apart from Paul Mendelsohn, he magnetises each scene he’s in.

It’s funny/sad how they were planning to have lots of these “one off” spin-offs, and they crapped in their pants after Solo, halting everything on the spot… you couldn’t imagine a giant like Disney to stand in the middle of the road like a blinded deer. And now “betray” that idea, cashing in on that success.

What is George Lucas doing these days? Is he out of the frame completely, is he at least trying to create something new on his own again?

PS: they lost their magic/ingenuity 

https://youtube.com/shorts/LDorWh58h7c

That approach worked until his ego got out of control (the prequel trilogy). EDIT: also the fact that he was working with unlimited amounts of money for the prequels... people work best within boundaries.

Clickbait title on that video btw, he is saying nothing about Disney Star Wars per say.

Edited by Buddy