1nfern0

Infected by Christoph "1nfern0" Grafl

Newest Update:

ZN1Gm3x.jpg

ZlGDrs2.jpg

6XGxBMY.jpg

old post ----------------------------------------

I always mapped for the fun and the look, but I know nothing about a good layout or item placement. :-D

However I started with the layout yesterday(no walls atm.):

vaSWY9z.jpg

Edited by 1nfern0

I always mapped for the fun and the look, but I know nothing about a good layout or item placement.  :-D

if you're interested in learning the basics, check out my articles, Fundamentals of Gameplay Parts I & II here. they are written specifically for Q3.

cheers!

@pat H   Thx for the help!

@Conrad Justin Thank you.

I dropped the old layout as it's to big for the time I have left. So I have chosen a smaller one(some walls are missing):

zF8AUqx.jpg

@Z(Rus) yes it is a model,would be a PITA to do this with patches. :D

@Hipshot Thanks man!

@Z3LCIAH thx. That would be their nightmare :-D

I've decided to use only quake 3 textures as It's hard to get new ones (broken links etc.) or I don't know if I can use them regarding their license. Would you count this contest as a commercial use?

Anyway, the brushwork is almost done and I will work on the jumppads now and get rid of the placeholder.

PEFpZEf.jpg

@ I was aware of cgtextures, what I meant was already done texture sets by someone else. I'm lazy :)

But I couldn't  find fitting ones, so I refurbished the old q3 textures.

I'm almost finished with the brushwork, and will now work my way through all the faces and align the textures correctly.

The jumppad and teleporters are finished(I might change the colour later on) and I replaced the q3 textures I was using with new ones. (They are both 512x512, the old one are 128x128px).

LjYw7pO.jpgnRdFxLq.jpg

@ I was aware of cgtextures, what I meant was already done texture sets by someone else. I'm lazy :)

But I couldn't  find fitting ones, so I refurbished the old q3 textures.

I'm almost finished with the brushwork, and will now work my way through all the faces and align the textures correctly.

The jumppad and teleporters are finished(I might change the colour later on) and I replaced the q3 textures I was using with new ones. (They are both 512x512, the old one are 128x128px).

How are things progressing?