Conrad Justin

DM-Reco by Conrad "Justin" Slawinski

I'm not sure what the tri-count are these days, but I try to be around 40k (but I have gone far beyond). The best way would be to look at the most advanced levels in QL and see.

Thanks Hipshot! Pretty busy with University but here is:

Models (In the end I will have them replaced with BSP.)+ terrain with vertex paint. I guess it works in Quake, right?

week2-5.jpg

week2-6.jpg

Looks like  this block on the bottom will be an elevator for construction workers. Don't judge textures, please. This will come in the final steps.

Edited by Conrad Justin

I have a terrain model with vertex paint (2 textures). How can I get it working in Quake? How the shader should look like?  

rockblend
{
dpoffsetmapping - 2 match8 184
q3map_baseShader textures/map_reco/grassblend
qer_editorimage textures/map_reco/grassblend.tga

{
map textures/map_reco/mossy_ground.tga

{
map textures/map_reco/mud.tga
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA 
alphagen vertex
{
map $lightmap
blendfunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_ZERO
rgbGen identity

}
Thats what I would use in Xonotic. But it seems to be not working. How to tell the quake that this particular model has vertex color on it? 
Edited by Conrad Justin

Actually it does work on models. You just have to place the alpha volume brushes over the model (ie; in the editor, not part of the model itself) the same as you would if it were all brushes.

Just to be clear you can vertex paint the models in your modeling program and get it to work without using alpha volume brushes. There are at least two different ways depending on the model format you are using. Are you using .lwo or .ase models?

Edited by phantazm11

This tutorial is very simple and that's really kind of you that you took your time to post it ;)

Week 3 image coming up.

week3-1.jpg

It seems the map will have 4 levels overall and high unfinished dome in the centre (reconstruction of the 2 hundred years old cathedral).

The map's name : RECO

Edit:

Error: MAX_BUILD_SIDES 

What's this? O_o

Edited by Conrad Justin

Okey, now comes the question: How to check which brush it is inside the editor? I can remove brush in the .map text file but I would prefer to know which one it is rather than to remove it blindly. Is that even possible?

Edit1: Seriously whenever I remove "bugged brush" (that seems like totaly normal brush) it finds another errored brush:

Entity 0, Brush 174: MAX_BUILD_SIDES

Map file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90490112/reco-v1.map

All right! I made it working:

• Looked into .map text file,
  • scrolled down
  • I saw the brush that had 400 lines at least  :?
  • I removed it (I suspect I removed half of the entire map at least)
  • BSP builds now. Still something about brush degenerate plane appears. :XD:

Edit: How can you guys work with this software, seriously? :)

Edited by Conrad Justin