Sprony

MapCore's Quake 3 15th Anniversary Contest Discussion

I've been lurking for a while. Just dropping by to say that some of these maps are really coming along nicely! Us judges are going to have a lot of work to do trying to make up our minds on how to score all of these great looking maps. Keep it up guys, still a month left!

Does anyone have any good advice on increasing the visibility of the player models? I'm going with the standard gothic theme and I feel like the player models have the tendency to bleed into the environment. So I've started to increase the lightning more and more, but was wondering if there's more I can do? I know I can force player models to be bright green as in Quake live but I want it to be good in standard config as well.

Nevermind the following rambling, I've solved it!

From one problem to another :) Suddenly I can't compile AAS anymore... I tried to remove the old .aas but I don't get a new one when compiling. Tried a clean install of gtk, and tried to select the whole map and then invert selection and delete. But that doesn't do it. It doesn't complain on anything when compiling bsp but the bspc.log contains this: "Entity 0, Brush 1808: duplicate plane" after aas compile. 

Is there a way to select a brush by name? [Edit] Found the find brush by number feature: It says "no such brush"... :/

Here's the full bspc.log http://pastebin.com/KugEUAKf

Edit 2: Here's the junk.txt http://pastebin.com/EUeZTuTd

Edit 3: Panic is over! I knew one of the last things I did before the problem surfaced was to add some player clip brushes and some other things, so I've started deleting them without mercy and luckily one of them seemed to be the villain!

Edited by Daniel Nilsson

Do you guys think its too late for me to get in on this? I have a bit more free time and looking to get some more variety to my YouTube Channel. :)

Do you guys think its too late for me to get in on this? I have a bit more free time and looking to get some more variety to my YouTube Channel. :)

It's never to late Castle. I would love to see you enter. Perhaps you can convince Charon to help out ;)

It would be wonderful if you entered and made a level. You've produced so many levels before, so you know if you are capable of doing something good in a month.

Hey do you guys think it would be possible to do triplanar shaders in Quake 3? It would be badass to do organic level that has perfect UV projection with little to no hassle.

I wanted some control over where the sun shone so I took an spotlight and added the _sun 1 key to it and it seems to work good. But i think the the brushes textured w/ sky material still emits light so i get two different shadows from the sun. 

Is it possible to disable the sun from the material or have the new sun overridde it? Or do I need to create a new sky shader? 

Is it possible to disable the sun from the material or have the new sun overridde it? Or do I need to create a new sky shader? 

You will have to create a new sky shader. Also, everyone interested in this particular topic might want to read this: http://q3map2.everyonelookbusy.net/shader_manual/apI.htm