Sprony

MapCore's Quake 3 15th Anniversary Contest Discussion

Please use this thread for all your questions regarding the contest or if you need technical help with you map. You can also send me a private message if you do not wish to share it with everyone. 

how many maps can i publish?

Only one entry per contestant is allowed.

I'd like to build a map entirely out of meshes (save blocking volumes/etc.) - is this allowed?

(edit: just noticed in the other thread it says you can.  Will carry on then!)

Edited by jameswilddev2

I'd like to build a map entirely out of meshes (save blocking volumes/etc.) - is this allowed?

(edit: just noticed in the other thread it says you can.  Will carry on then!)

Don't forget to sign up!

Hello. I would like to participate but there is very short time to get familiar with everything (new editor, new game..) so the question is: Can the deadline be postponed? like to the end of December?

Unfortunately not. Everything has to be judged as well and done before the holidays start.

Apologies; I've just read over all of the literature about the contest (Facebook, announcement article, this and the other thread) and can't see a link anywhere to sign up.  Have I missed it or is creating a post signing up?

Apologies; I've just read over all of the literature about the contest (Facebook, announcement article, this and the other thread) and can't see a link anywhere to sign up.  Have I missed it or is creating a post signing up?

No, my bad. Signing up is making a post on this forum with your map name and real name plus nick. You've already done that.

god I made like 30 quake 3 maps 13-15 years ago...

Time for 31 Castle and give your friend Charon a nudge. Would love to see him return one last time ;)

No, my bad. Signing up is making a post on this forum with your map name and real name plus nick. You've already done that.

god I made like 30 quake 3 maps 13-15 years ago...

Time for 31 Castle and give your friend Charon a nudge. Would love to see him return one last time ;)

While I am at it ill see if I can contact MrClean too.

I cannot guarantee I will be able to do a Quake 3 map soon. I am already working 7 days a week on multiple projects and starting to see the light at the end of my sanity.

This is kind of facinating, like, where do the abstract map names come from? For example, if you were to enter this competition, name your map "31 Castle" and win, your map would forever be "the 31" or "castle 31" or whatever the nickname. Why the name? Nobody but the few lucky know.