Reflex has made quite some progress the last few months, I'm bumping and attaching a video so you can see what it looks like. It's gotten quite fun to play now, and the graphical style I quite like, it's almost textureless and quite clean lowpoly decal meshes, making kitbashing and stuff like that great fun. I've been fiddling with the editor which is pretty smooth and fun, and you can multi-user-edit which is awesome. It also has steam workshop support, and any level that is uploaded to workshop can be changed to and loaded by any server, which is a great function for mods and getting your map played on by the community! Let me know if any of you want to play a bit!

Here's the level I've been working a bit on, it's in very early beta, don't look too much at the screenshots :): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725096328

16 hours ago, Sprony said:

I wanted to port over some of my old Quake 3 maps but the game looked like it had little activity. Has that changed @voodoochopstiks?

It's nothing like quake in it's heyday, but there's a few pickup games per night and I can always find a duel, it's gotten bigger the last few months! I wish there was a public ctf server going though. I even think there is a q3 .map converter somewhere that i read about, could work as a base, it should be on the reflex forums.

4 hours ago, tomm said:

I dislike the lazy textureless artstyle :(

and last time I checked there was no way to import custom assets, so you can't really "fix" it either.

I have a friend who got me into playing it when early access had just started. There was some cool looking concept art for various environments at the time, but the community expressed preference for a simple and readable art style.

It doesn't matter to me and besides, the game plays great. Real smooth arena multiplayer.

I really hope this game gets the player-base it deserves, one of the best arena shooters out at the moment. The focus on 1v1 as a competitive mode is a really nice alternative to CS:GO/Overwatch. Hopefully it can make the rounds on twitch during release and get some newcomers into the game.

Haha I see you guys kept an eye on Reflex as well. Thought I'd necro this thread but yeah, so they're out of early-access and releasing on time!

http://forums.reflexarena.com/index.php?/topic/4266-reflex-arena-launch/

I'll totes play some this weekend, Saturday evening, I'd love some company! :D

Looking at you @Sprony @jackophant!

My steam is: Ice_bane (yeah I know, old ridiculous name)

Edited by Sjonsson

Don't know if I'll be there but you can hit me up when you see me online (if I'm actually there).

I picked it up and tried it this weekend!

I downloaded a couple maps from the workshop and I really had a blast! Haven't got time to try them all but they look fun...

But at one point I got kind of angry because people were kicking my ass over, and over, and over, and over... :mad:

The game being like Quake and UT where it's like "the more you win, the more powerups and guns you accumulate, and then the more you win, etc.", it makes for a very snowball-ish kind of gameplay, where you see stuff like "50 deaths 2 kills", and then "2 deaths 50 kills" in the game right after!

And maybe it's because I haven't played Quake in a while, but I feel like there's something inherently wrong with respawning nude with a tiny toy pistol, just to come across the guy with 200hp + armor + rocket launcher on the next corner, who then proceeds to shoot a rocket in your general direction and send you back to square one... It's just really hard for the losing player to come back into the game!

But nonetheless, I had fun and I'd love to play again (gotta git gud)

Feel free to add me on Steam as well, my very professionnal Steam name is: Nippleberry