de_havana

I might be speaking out of turn- was a while since we last played-  but I remember the hotel bombsite + the area around being quite awkward- as well as CTs connection to mid.

Ignore for me for now as it may of been fixed ages ago and I've forgotten about a playtest in between :P

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Progress has been slow, but at least I can show you a work in progress mid. I know it's still clean and maybe a little bit empty. I'm hoping it will get progressively more detailed/dirtier as we

Still slow progression but wanted to upload some wips from CT spawn to B path and yeah i know there's still a lot of work:

spam(update) time    we're seriously struggling with art direction in some parts of the map and we feel like we just can't get it right. I personally think we've made a huge visual mess.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, tomm said:

we're seriously struggling with art direction in some parts of the map and we feel like we just can't get it right. I personally think we've made a huge visual mess.jesjk33.jpg

BgDOL7S.jpg

and some more polished stuff

out of all the screens you posted I would say these are the only ones that could be seen as a 'visual mess.' I would recolour at least some of the tarp so the scene isn't so blue. Maybe remove the clothes as well as they are too distracting. I don't like 'construction' areas in general on most maps as they've been well overdone now- like graffiti overlays.

I think the real problem here is you have fatigue from staring at this day in and day out and you're now finding problems where there isn't really any :P The map looks insanely good.

@tomm you at e reaching the limit of awesome for a single map. GTFO please!

But seriously, yes art can be improved but surely you'll get good tips from fellow mapcoreans; haven't played the map myself and can't suggest anything different from what has been mentioned already from the shots.

Also: the hotel atrium reminds me a lot of one of the first UE3 promotional videos, where they were showing GO for the first time (I think)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...