de_region (CSGO)

ics

I have been working on this map for quite some time and now it's time to give it to the public to test for. So head over to Steam workshop to have a look at the images, overview and download.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318190743

Feeback and suggestions are most welcome! After all, it's just a beta release for now. Thanks.

If only good ideas would grow in my backyard so i could harvest them anytime i need them. The theme is actually older than any of the "warehouse" maps in go. But it just felt natural for this but suggestions are welcome..

Based on the feedback i got from the playtest and elsewhere, i did an update to the map. It can be viewed in the workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=318190743

For example i remade the T-base that was still waiting for a vision, which i got and now it's finished. Also as it's now in fashion, i added a boiler.

Edited by ics

feedback dump

All of the steam effects here are really opaque. Generally, the best environmental effects are the subtle ones that you see, but don't really "notice."

This metal texture is an odd choice for a doorway. That sort of metal plating is usually used for floors, since the texture provides grip for shoes. (I think that's why, at least!)

Concrete post for an otherwise chainlink fence? Seems costly for construction.

Who put these crates here? Really odd place for that many crates to be stacked.

The overgrowth of plants here looks pretty cool. Maybe put in a subtle green glow, as if the sunlight is filtering through the plants.

The biggest issue I have with this map is the setting. Things seem to be thrown in with little rhyme or reason. For example, this entire underground sewer-ish area. I can't figure out what it's purpose is! There's random boxes stacked up, which seems to imply storage. There's a wide metal scrolling door, which implies the same thing. However, there's a car parked on a ramp into the area, which seems to imply that it's also an area for residential traffic, but then there's a set of wide stairs leading down... even if this area could exist through the results of poor urban planning, it doesn't feel like anything you'd find in real life.

Another instance. How'd this van get here? Also, why is there an ad printed on the side of what appears to be a residential building?

What's up with this road?

I'd do some more nitpicky stuff, but I need to go to class. I like the fact that you're putting in lots of little details, but the overall theme of the map isn't pulling itself together. Look at your detailing from a larger perspective before diving into the little detals. Good effort.

One last note: heh

• 3 weeks later...