de_outpost (wip)

Drakeee

So I recently got back into CS:GO having being a big CS 1.6 player back in the day. Decided to make a map for it ^_^

I've decided to make a small demolition map since it's a smaller project and hopefully easier to finish.

Obviously I need to work on the lighting (just threw in some light entities for testing) a lot as well as adding cover etc. Playtested a bit (2v2 with bots) last night and it seems to need some tweaking but any constructive criticism would be welcomed :)

Here's some screenshots and a workshop link, cheers!

8DC98DDA9FF471069188B43F254D490E98BD982D

260BA40409F03E81B76DD2710CC3F4D60088B47B

15D753466B408530266B553CCE41D069D6F4811D

ED5E2029B3DF73F6A818A517A7F907857C70AD9E

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311724175

Hiya, welcome back and it's nice to see someone trying a demolition map, it's a really underrated game mode!

It looks like you might want to increase the light of your light_environment and maybe use a few more lights indoors! I would suggest light_spot to cast light at areas rather than the standard light which emits in all directions (which you may have placed a bit too close to the walls)

Aside from the lighting, and a scale on the slightly large size, the setting looks nice for demolition! It looks a little too much like lake/safehouse atm, maybe make it a mini version of compound from source?! :D (but with bomb ofc) You'd definitely get my subscription to that map!

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm going to give your lighting suggestions a try now - I know it looks a bit like Lake, that's where I got my inspiration from :lol:

I never played CS:S (1.6 for years, then nothing until CS:GO about 2 weeks ago) but I'll look up compound and see what you mean :) Should have some new screenshots soon - i've already updated the workshop version with the following:

Added vent to car park

Removed bombsite door from T side
Fixed ladder
Raised door to carpark T side

Looks pretty squarey if you ask me, break those angles dude.

Any suggestions how? I guess when it gets detailed I can work on making it look less boxey.

I added another route into the car park last night - played a 5v5 on the map for a while and it's fairly T biased at the moment so I'll be making changes to address that soon.

Appreciate all feedback :)