-

aaaaasdasdasdasdasda

Nice tool, looks really clean and seemed to present errors nicely too. Will definitely use this. Btw Windows 8.1 gave a smartscreen warning when I started it, but maybe you can't do much about that. (do you have to register in their developer program or something to avoid it?)

The packing is the most complicated part, since it has to account for nearly every little edgecase within the Source asset pipeline. Currently it works by reading the output BSP and parsing it for any custom content.

How is your content stored in your game directory? Is it just in /csgo/materials, or something like /csgo/custom/materials? It's possible the packer can't find it.

both materials and models have their own folder, so these are the paths I need to be looking at:

csgo/materials/custom/

csgo/materials/models/custom/

csgo/models/custom/

• 2 weeks later...

both materials and models have their own folder, so these are the paths I need to be looking at:

csgo/materials/custom/

csgo/materials/models/custom/

csgo/models/custom/

Just spoke to the developer working on PACK - sounds like the issue is with the newer model formats that CS:GO has. Apparently it's got an easy fix, so there should be a new release with this resolved soon.

@ruarai I don't know if this has been talked about in the last, but since it does not pack model materials, one must pack them themselves. The issue I had was that: the nav file was packed during the compilation, and it is known that the nav file shouldn't be embedded with Pakrat, so I took it out, and it fucked everything. So I don't know how you pack it, but when you pack the nav file, game do not crash at all, so until everything isn't packed with the compiler, it is important to know that the nav file should be packed in the BSP and it does not causes any issues.

I don't know if I'm clear, but I wanted to share my experience for others to not lose as much time as I did figuring it out!

(It works great by the way :) )

• 3 weeks later...

would be nice if it was possible to manualy input extra compile parameters, I am using VMFII (instancing) and it requires extra command lines (custom exe => vmfii.exe) and extra compile parameters.

[vmfii] $path\$file.$ext $path\$file.temp.$ext --fgd "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\bin\halflife2.fgd"

[vbsp] -game $gamedir $path\$file.temp.$ext

[vmfii] $path\$file.$ext $path\$file.temp.$ext --cleanup

• 1 month later...

Maxime has fixed up the BSP packing so there's a new update. This should work perfectly with CS:GO models.

https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/releases/latest

Changes:

• Allow BSP packing of CSGO model files
  • Fix for TF2 update that broke BSP pack
  • Improve detection of assets in BSP pack
  • Fix input dialogs for adding and cloning
  • Improve analytics
  • Improve update dialog

Also, there were a few obvious bugs that had managed to survive for a while in the last version. In case it was just a case of not knowing where to report them, you can always go here: https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/issues 

I'm striving to make this a quality application, so don't be misled by the fact that it's free that the bugs are warranted.

• 1 year later...

So with the new year a new version of Compile Pal is out. This is the version that has been long awaited - the one that really finalises everything we wanted Compile Pal to be.

It's all about productivity here, with new tools to automatically generate cubemaps and navmeshes in the compilation process. This is paired with repack support to further compress the BSP's used for Team Fortress 2. Got a long compile and want some sleep? Just enable the 'shutdown' tool and you won't need to stay up to see it finish.

On the back end, each compile step has been made modular! Meaning you can now create your own tools and share them with fellow mappers. (Also, in JSON, not CSV!)

This along with the usual UI improvements that make Compile Pal a breeze to use.

Download here!

Edited by ruarai

On 13-1-2017 at 0:32 PM, ruarai said:

By the way, I'm curious if anyone here has had a map published in an operation and used/uses Compile Pal. I know it has a certain place in the TF2 community but curious about CSGO.

Not so far. I'm gonna give Compile Pal another go. I like the automated buildcubemaps and other features :)

• 1 year later...
  • FMPONE featured and unfeatured this topic