ruarai

Compile Pal - Easily configurable Source map compiling

if i try to compile full hdr seems to get stuck after:
BasePortalVis:       0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)

Waited like 1hour then just closed it.

CompilePal has completely replaced hammer compiling for me since I found the tool in the other thread simply because my computer can still be used while compiling.

Any chance of having a manual pack tool included?

if i try to compile full hdr seems to get stuck after:
BasePortalVis:       0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (1)

Waited like 1hour then just closed it.

I guess it's because you are doing a fill compile. The next step is PortalFlow which can take hours on fully optimised maps and just wont finish if your map isn't optimised. Use fast vvis until its optimised properly

New version! This time with changes that TopHATTWaffle suggested!

• Make output work on a character-by-character basis so you can see progress in realtime
  • Add post compile options such as map file archive, shutdown and run file
  • Fixed issue where cancelling compile would crash
  • Added memory of previous games to the launch window
  • Add hotkey support. Press F8 to bring up Compile Pal and press enter to immediately begin compiling after.
  • Add large number of extra program configuration options
  • Make map copy checkbox ticked by default
  • Lots of minor bug fixes

Download it here as always:

https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal

Tried it yesterday, did a "fast" compile but all my displacement had black seams where they were sewn (shadows). Compiled a fast compile in Hammer and it was fine - did I do something wrong I wonder?

Tried it yesterday, did a "fast" compile but all my displacement had black seams where they were sewn (shadows). Compiled a fast compile in Hammer and it was fine - did I do something wrong I wonder?

Those black seams are usually just a side effect of the fast compile. I'm not sure why your hammer compile is different since they should be mostly identical.

Edited by ruarai

I've released the biggest update yet! It's a complete rewrite that targets some of the biggest issues people were having with the tool such as a lack of extensibility and numerous bugs. You can download it here: https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal/releases/latest

I've updated the OP so you can also see the new design.

Oh my this is sexy. How does it handle custom VBSP? Specifically the 2013 VBSP cubemap fix.
Also, how do I add games? It currently only shows CSS configs, I suspect it picks the last used Hammer configs?

Edited by ESToomere

This is not intended to insult you, its a serious question from me:

What advantages has it over hammers built in compiler? Yes the autopacking is obviously, but the time it takes me to start this equals the time I compile in hammer and then start my levelpacker, anything else from that? Am I overseeing something?