ElectroSheep

[CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

On 10/9/2018 at 1:33 PM, Vaya said:

looks amazing apart from this red brick blend. it makes it look like the most important house of all time :P

image.png.07e77b701943bac195fb6e3c4803720e.png

I believe this red gives the map more live. I really like it! :D

It also helps the player to recognise the location much easier. I would like to see just a few more colours for that reason.

40 minutes ago, Ringel said:

I believe this red gives the map more live. I really like it! :D

It also helps the player to recognise the location much easier. I would like to see just a few more colours for that reason.

Guess it does, but in my opinion it stands out too much. I love the consistent neutral colors that's being used with some small tints of colors.

Rather have the woodwork in red with maybe some spoiled paint on the wall arround it and some painting on the wall with the shop it's name or whatever as a landmark. 

Excuse me for my GIMP skills 🤣

highlands.jpg

PS: it kinda looks odd to me the waterdrain is going infront of those windows... Rather lower the roof abit so the windows stick out of the roof

Edited by Roald

I have tested the current workshop version of the map with bots (which is of course unrealistic so i won't touch the gameplay balance subject). It is amazing how source engine can look when handled by professionals. My personal impressions: As layout wise, It is quite unorthodox, which can be a good thing or a bad one depending of how a player's brain is hardwired. I find it sniper friendly, the T's have a harder time reaching the bomb sites compared with more traditional layouts. I like that it reproduces very well that nordic latitude environment lighting, but from my point of view  this can be a little bit depressing since the gray tones are predominant. I would like more colour (i like that red facade from the screenshot), maybe a sunset lighting. 

ps

I love those ivy props, may i use them?

Edited by Serialmapper

1 hour ago, ElectroSheep said:

About the layout, if you take a deep look you can figure out from what old official map this one is inspired by ^^

Prodigy?

Looks great BTW, I think the skybox could use a bit more love. Although, scottish weather isn't exactly lovely so that could count as a plus.