Sjonsson

Games W.I.P Thread

I think I own that game though PSPlus. I'll have to give that a shot. 

EDIT : Shit you are right. The visuals do look a lot the same. Although mine are basically greybox since I'm trying to focus my time on programming rather than too much art. I was just in the process of writing a system that controls the sun's position based on how far you are through the level too :(

Oh well. The one solace is I'm going for a arcady shooter style of gameplay and that's a bit of an infinite runner. Hopefully once I flesh out both the level and enemies it will have more differentiated visuals.

Edited by AlexM

1 hour ago, Klems said:

I made a game in a week for a Shadertoy contest. You can shoot things in it! Everything is made in a pixel shader (game logic, assets, etc), it was fun to write.

Click the screen to play!

Fx2Ky7r.png

wow, very nice!

Hi all,

I'm working on a legal drama video game, to be released on mobile and eventually in a 3D PC port/upgrade. (Mobile version set for release in Q4 2016).

Twelve Absent Men is a satirical legal adventure game with comedic characters, an enthralling storyline and a polished, modern cartoon look. Solve puzzles, confound witnesses and outwit the state prosecutor in this race to that crucial verdict: not-guilty!

Here are some shots of my approach to the 3D art so far.
f3a414c962d7c5813c3d85f58e7baa4c.jpg

1d4eeed358a75b5ed4523b4fb764e166.jpg

f7d67b4a180ff73ed527ccd30f62eec8.jpg

Any comments are welcome. smile.png

(Here's a link to the mobile version. Check it out.)

There's too much reflection for me on the first image. It looks too shiny for a court. 

You could probably improve the lighting of the third scene that looks too much bright for me, play with shadows a bit, ilooks like a CS go like scene here (no offense hu) 

A better lighting could improve your scenes ;)

I think it's pretty cool, like DoubleF pointed out first screen floor a bit too reflective, in the second one the tribunal facade looks untextured or poorly lit... it's just too grey. The last one is quite flat due to lighting, I'd expect some more contrast (light outside seems quite bright). Also the drawers look all skewed/off their rail guide just because of the way the bevel is lit. Not sure if it's a flat surface with a too harsh normal map setting, or is polygonal... in the second case it might be better save on the polygons and work on the textures? If the player doesn't get too close there's not really much point in having it polygonal(?).

Anyway all feedback needs to be filtered depending on the view the players will get, cos at the moment they look like promo shots but not necessarily what the players are gonna see.

On 7/24/2016 at 0:01 AM, Klems said:

I made a game in a week for a Shadertoy contest. You can shoot things in it! Everything is made in a pixel shader (game logic, assets, etc), it was fun to write.

Click the screen to play!

Fx2Ky7r.png

super awesome!! <3 shadertoy

and i knew i recognized that music from somewhere: 

:)