Games W.I.P Thread

Sjonsson

Nope, shelter is a PC game, dont think its on mobile at all.

You're right. For some reason I always assumed it was a mobile game. Now I might actually consider playing it! :D Worth the time?

Hmm, hmm... moving along slowly here on our side. This game is actually starting to look like a game now. Aside from smaller things, like random effects, particle spawners and some boss graphics, (and tons of bugs ofc) the art is more or less done, the big parts that are left are A LOT OF level design (hey thats me!), multiplayer code, boss-code, enemy-skills, and modding =) Small stuff, should be done in no time... (yeah right =D)

It's really fun to work on someone else's IP when you are so free like we are, it's a lot of work - but it's fun. For me personally it could also be a way of opening a few doors that has been pretty shut tight for now, there are a few other IPs that I would love to work with, would be easier to get such deals when you can prove that you can actually deliver a certain quality.

Creating our own engine gives a lot too, a lot of issues but also such freedom. We are not locked in by some deal with Unity or Unreal, we can do whatever kind of modding we want, release the source code, port to any platform etc, we plan to use this new engine for at least 3 games in total, maybe more. Cause as soon as the rough parts are done, it should be mostly gameplay coding for a new project

Looks really cool! Nailed the meaty feeling in the shooting! :D 

Looks really cool! Nailed the meaty feeling in the shooting! :D 

Thanks Puddy, yes I think we did, it can always be improved, but those things are now pushed down until final polish =)

Adding feedback with hit-effects and gibs were one of the first things we got in, those systems are very advanced too, you can create different parts, how many of that part, from a specific number to a random number, a chance for them to appear, animation, if they should stay on the ground or disappear and if they should leave a decal on hit, there's a bit more settings here, but I haven't been working with this system myself, except for testing it when it was new, our artist Victor made pretty much all of these things.

When we get the random-sprite feed into the engine, I'm sure things like explosions will look much better, also, we don't have a proper particle spawner system, so that will also improve things when that comes in =)

13 hours ago, Castle said:

I haven't been here in awhile. Been very busy and very distracted!

I wouldn't even know where to start to create something like this, absolutely fantastic stuff!!

You should probably think about putting this in the marketplace, either that or make a game with it man. 

6 hours ago, (HP) said:

I wouldn't even know where to start to create something like this, absolutely fantastic stuff!!

You should probably think about putting this in the marketplace, either that or make a game with it man. 

It took me awhile to learn the systems. I have done quite a few side projects for sure. But Blueprints really do make doing stuff like this easier on many fronts. I will be releasing the dev version with the playable version soonish.

The inventory system has forced me to work on a ton of different systems. That is why its taking so long to get this next version out. It turns out that building an inventory system very quickly spider webs the design of a game!

• FMPONE unpinned this topic