Sjonsson

Games W.I.P Thread

Looking good @AlexM, didn't know they were doing another tower jam (from what I remember there have been already one)... can you give any idea of what happens in your prototype?

Mostly exploration with some light zelda elements in the tower with a dark-souls feel. I'm hoping to get more time with this before the deadline but I'm also finaling a game at work so I don't tend to get a lot of time. 

I really need to get the combat system going. I've got some stuff setup with garbage quick anims I did. I think I might buy one of the combat asset packs on the unreal store so I don't have to worry about doing character animation. 

Began the setup and early parts of the combo system. This is an example of the player cancelling into the second attack by pressing attack at the right time in the first attacks animation sequence. 

Animation notifies are used to tell the animation system if the player can validly move to the next attack in the combo. The animation blending system in unreal is really good.

swordanimation02.gif

Edited by AlexM

Just released a video of our 3C test map :D 

Feel like a beast

This is pretty impressive. I could easily see a narrative SP game with this kind of a main character perspective. Something like Ori in the Blind Forest or Firewatch, a little bear cub story :P

Pretty cool.

Well a combination of deadline extension, 12-14 hour work days and the worst bout of sickness I've ever experienced in my life (a combined case of food poisoning, an ulcer and chemical inhalation symptoms) caused my jam entry to go off the rails but I've been getting up every morning at 5am so I can spend a couple hours completing the entry. 

I managed to complete it today. It's not fun or pretty but it's complete and more importantly I learned a shitload about systems in Unreal I haven't used before. This includes

• Character animation state machines
  • AI - Blackboards
  • AI - Tree editor
  • Matinee (worst part of unreal)
  • The C# build system
  • Input abstraction
  • Blendspaces 
  • UMG (although I just realized the matinee video recording removed all my UI stuff @#[email protected]#[email protected]#)

Anyways here's a video of a quick playthrough of the game. 

Edited by AlexM

This is pretty impressive. I could easily see a narrative SP game with this kind of a main character perspective. Something like Ori in the Blind Forest or Firewatch, a little bear cub story :P

Pretty cool.

Already is, its called Shelter 1 and 2.